Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey, I hope Mannion is the next Eli Manning, but...

August 09, 2016 07:57AM
....when we had 3 YOUNG QBs on the 2015 Roster already in Nick Foles, Case Keenum, and Austin Davis....who between them had what...a couple of dozen NFL Regular Season starts between them....I mean, what was the urgency to spend a top 100 Pick (#89) on a "Developmental QB" huh??? Mannion was like 18 months younger that one of the 3 above IIRC.....

...I railed at the time that Snead & Fisher had been stung by National Sports Media criticism the previous Draft for not drafting a "Developmental QB" prior to that SMU QB Garrett Gilbert all the way down in the 6th Round whom SMU HC June Jones reportedly (by Mike Mayock) was "pounding the table for."

Gilbert was a disappointment and let go by Los Ramos, and I thought that the Mannion selection was a classic kneejerk reaction from Snisher to counter the media critics from the previous year. FYI, Gilbert was actually picked up by this NFL HC over on the East Coast and spent time on his PS.....maybe you heard of him....Bill Bellicheck? smiling smiley

Anyhoo.....the way Austin Davis got like three reps in the whole of PreSeason from Fisher further demonstrated to me that Snisher were bound and determined to have their "Developmental QB" make the 2015 Rams Roster come heII or high water.

Again....I hope Mannion blossoms into a Roethlesberger, or a Manning, or even a Brady.......why wouldn't I ??? I am a Rams fan since 1967 after all!!

BUT, the fact that Los Ramos braintrust shipped all those Draft Picks to Tennessee for the privilege of moving up to snag one Jared Goff tells me that Mannion did not measure up so hot to Fisher and his staff eh!!

Regarding Snisher Drafting....I am a big fan....and I did not miss back to back NFL ROY selections of Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley.....not in the least. But you cannot win them all, and the failed Pead, Quick, Watkins selections reinforced my point about Sean Mannion being a blown #89 selection....which I still feel it is for the above reasons. I truly hope that RGIII does not get injured in PreSeason in Cleveland and Austin Davis comes in and takes the hapless Brownies to the Playoffs!!! I really really hope that that scenario.....nor any scenario where Austin Davis shines in the NFL, ever materializes.....because it would turn my stomach to know that Austin Davis was on our roster and his potential went unrecognized by Fisher and his staff.

So to summarize....I DO like Snead & Fisher's roster building, drafting, leadership, etc etc.....In short, I AM a Snisher Fan.....but sometimes, when the facts warrant it in my view... I "pull a Crazy Ivan" to not look like too much of a Snisher Homer.

I call it "Fair & Balanced Reporting" a la your Fox News!!smiling smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Overshadowed in Rams QB race, Sean Mannion still works to improve

RamBill898August 07, 2016 08:05PM

Overshadowed &Irrelevant,Sean Mannion Still Is Wasted #89 Overall

canuckramsfans551August 08, 2016 07:01AM

I hate to break it to you, but......

Rampage2K-516August 09, 2016 06:36AM

Hey, I hope Mannion is the next Eli Manning, but...

canuckramsfans507August 09, 2016 07:57AM

Re: Hey, I hope Mannion is the next Eli Manning, but...

Rampage2K-405August 09, 2016 10:05AM

Well, tough to judge, as you say, and especially...

JamesJM386August 09, 2016 10:09AM

its called building a team..

PHDram431August 09, 2016 10:20AM

for a guy that hasn't played

TonyHunter87429August 09, 2016 10:36AM

Mannion may be the backup Goff needs

six2stack499August 09, 2016 11:31AM