Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Any sign of Mike Singletary ?

August 02, 2016 09:06PM
IowaRam
Guess I never quite understood his position on the team , is he an actual coach , or just some kind of part time consultant

Per ESPN: "Los Angeles coach Jeff Fisher hasn't defined a role for Singletary, who is likely to be an adviser to the defense."

[espn.go.com]

Per NFL.com: "Mike Singletary to serve as Rams defensive assistant. He will work with the Los Angeles Rams defense this season in an advisory role."

[www.nfl.com]

Per Bear Goggles On's "Nine Questions with Mike Singletary" on July 8, 2016: Fans across the country will be excited that you are back in the NFL and working with Jeff Fisher and the St Louis Rams. What will your new role be with the team?

Well I think first and foremost, you know Jeff and I are going to continue to talk about what exactly my role would be, but [I’m] just very excited about having the opportunity to go out there and be a part of a team that I think is going to be very dynamic, and on the defensive side of the ball [I’m] excited to work with Gregg Williams, and I know they have a good staff and good people and good young players and it’s going to be very exciting, so I’m just really looking forward to being a part of that.

[beargoggleson.com]

Not sure why they hired him as an advisor rather than a "coach".

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A very nice Day 2 camp report by ramsman34...

Rams431061August 02, 2016 06:53AM

Great stuff! Thanks for Posting 43 nm

Ram Fan Teacher652August 02, 2016 02:13PM

Any sign of Mike Singletary ?

IowaRam503August 02, 2016 02:23PM

Re: Any sign of Mike Singletary ?

MamaRAMa485August 02, 2016 09:06PM

Coach actually looked damn impressive.

Old Goat576August 02, 2016 02:41PM

Nice report but...

jemach495August 02, 2016 04:57PM

Quicks problems are not his physical ability