Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Report: Brandon Staley to interview for Dolphins DC, Rams also have interest

January 26, 2024 07:26AM
Report: Brandon Staley to interview for Dolphins DC, Rams also have interest

link

By
Myles Simmons

Published January 26, 2024 11:53 AM

The Packers are not the only team interested in speaking with former Chargers head coach Brandon Staley.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Staley is set to interview with the Dolphins for their defensive coordinator vacancy over the weekend. Plus, Staley has drawn interest from the Rams for a potential reunion with their former DC after Raheem Morris was named Falcons head coach.

Staley was fired in December after amassing a 24-24 record as Chargers head coach. The team’s best defensive finish was No. 20 in yards and No. 21 in points in 2022.

But Staley directed an elite unit with the Rams as the team’s defensive coordinator for the 2020 season. Los Angeles finished at No. 1 in yards allowed and points allowed that season. The club was No. 1 in passing yards allowed and No. 3 in rushing yards allowed, as the team went 10-6 and defeated the Seahawks in the wild card round.

Before becoming the Rams defensive coordinator, Staley was the Bears outside linebackers coach from 2017-2018 and the Broncos outside linebackers coach in 2019.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Report: Brandon Staley to interview for Dolphins DC, Rams also have interest

Ramsdude135January 26, 2024 07:26AM

let him go to the Phins

Speed_Kills102January 26, 2024 07:28AM

Same here

Ramsdude102January 26, 2024 07:32AM

How the Mighty Have Fallen.

den-the-coach109January 26, 2024 08:20AM

Re: How the Mighty Have Fallen.

The_Zone73January 26, 2024 09:25AM

Re: Staley was out in front of his skis as HC......

oldschoolramfan74January 26, 2024 10:40AM