Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Everything goes in a circle.....

September 18, 2023 10:07AM
what was good becomes usual to bad and boom what was bad becomes usual and back to good again. The run game may be on the outs somewhat right now....but you gotta know that it will be found again and acted on as if it's the greatest thing ever...everyone will be on it.

It's easy to read how that works because teams mimic each other for the most part and the media loves doing it....Remember back when with KW and all of a sudden the Europe League was the go to place to try and find your QB...everyone was running around and the media was hyping up the idea of the next KW.

Then Vick comes around and guess what the new toy was a running QB...who's going to be the next Vick. Now of course it's the QB who can throw off plan, run for yards ala Mahomes.....The thing is you notice it's pretty much everyone chasing the tail that wags....the real only ones who get something out of it are the ones who find the original.

I think the same is going on with the RB position in a way....the media jumps on and writes all about the RB position isn't as big anymore, but look around at the teams that are in the chase..whiners, eagles, even the boys with Pollard....the hawks were up there all the time because of a solid group of RB's.....Now it's obvious that a RB will never get the $'s of a QB that is easy to see and for good reason. But I'm still a firm believer in that having a strong reliable play in play out threat elevates all other Offensive options.

A sporadic run game can totally alter a teams ability to pass...You can I think have a team with average to even below average pass game and still control games with an offset of a strong run game...For the most part a poor run game can throttle a pass game save for the rarities such as a Mahome type QB and his WR skill guys.

I would like to see the RAMS get ahead of the crowd in this run game, not dismantle the pass game with Matthew that would be stupid, but they could emphasize the run game much, much more....55 to 20 something ain't going to get it, it may keep you in games to a point, but it ain't going to get the W's as much....I would like to see the RAMS forget the media, the heads and go in a direction that over time teams will be chasing to get to. Make that RB spot very viable and important do it before it comes into fashion again.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Everything goes in a circle.....

roman18195September 18, 2023 10:07AM

Re: Running back value - media driven?.

mtramfan43September 18, 2023 11:17AM

The ability for the RB group to send out their message.....

roman1836September 18, 2023 11:37AM