Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We MUST have a run game......

September 18, 2023 03:32AM
I see how Puka plays, I see the ability of TuTu, and Matthew can place a great ball. The mistakes we made yesterday, the mishandled ball by Williams, tipped into the air and the poor route by Van could have never been done at all...IF we had a run game that could be relied on. We can move the ball well in the air, no question, but Good God the run game is IMO atrocious. It's not that the runners we have are bad either, it's the fact that the line is way too sketchy in that phase of the game......If you must pass and pass and pass you can expect a goof by a receiver...it's going to happen.

A hole here and then shut down, a hole there and then the back is hit in the backfield....It's a young team and I can say that IMO we can handle our own, despite the age of the players. It's obvious we have a better than ave. pass game, it's the run game that is going to stump our overall growth.

It's the line, the line opens a hole 1 play and the next the D blows it up....Maybe they need to force feed them into the idea of run blocking, no matter how bad it starts out being? At least I think we could have a better handle on what we need, is it players or is it the scheme? I'd like to see what Dotson offers, I know Anchrum has played, not much, but the small sample doesn't shine out ..it shows he has ability but for me it's not enough. Dotson has more size, maybe we need big guys to take command of that LOS?

We need to command the LOS in that run game...we don't have it and we are not even close to it. I also realize we went against the best D yesterday, but they didn't show out in Seattle either.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

We MUST have a run game......

roman18127September 18, 2023 03:32AM

This current O line has had 2 games together

NewMexicoRam59September 18, 2023 04:53AM

Re: One catchable pass bouncing off Williams shoulder pads.......

oldschoolramfan48September 18, 2023 05:17AM

I'd like to see McVay COMMIT to the run a game or two. I recall a few years ago...

Ramgator45September 18, 2023 05:17AM

Re: We MUST have a run game......

Old Goat41September 18, 2023 05:19AM

uh thats not the case

Speed_Kills39September 18, 2023 05:26AM

When he mixes in the run game - the offense works

ferragamo7940September 18, 2023 05:22AM

What kills me is Williams showed he could be the man yesterday.

Ramgator49September 18, 2023 05:25AM