Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Third quarterback rule, onside kick alternatives among proposed rules changes by NFL teams

February 27, 2023 01:46PM
Interesting comment about the Rams...

Third quarterback rule, onside kick alternatives among proposed rules changes by NFL teams

link

There was word this weekend that a team was proposing making roughing the passer penalties subject to review and that’s not the only change being proposed this offseason.

Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that the Rams were the team to make that roughing proposal and that a handful of other proposals are on the table for the Competition Committee and league to consider. They include a reprise of the proposal for an onside kick alternative.

The NFL tabled discussion on proposals to allow teams to try a fourth-and-15 play rather than an onside kick in the past and Maske reports that it is up for discussion again. The XFL has implemented the rule and St. Louis pulled off a conversion to propel themselves to a win this season.

Also up for consideration are a return of the rule allowing teams to dress a third quarterback for use in an emergency. That was expected after the 49ers were down to no healthy quarterbacks in their NFC Championship Game loss to the Eagles.

There is also a proposal regarding the number of challenges available to a team that is successful in the ones they make during a game, but no particulars of that proposal are currently available.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude302February 27, 2023 01:46PM

Anything to help the Niners

Ridgewood Ram91February 27, 2023 01:50PM

Re: Anything to help the Niners

BerendsenRam84February 27, 2023 01:53PM

Ramsdude95February 27, 2023 02:51PM

Ekern55134February 27, 2023 03:41PM

Re: Third quarterback rule, onside kick alternatives among proposed rules changes by NFL teams

h2omelonhead185February 27, 2023 03:52PM

reviewing roughing the passer calls?

21Dog114February 27, 2023 04:00PM

Should Always have the 3rd QB Rule

den-the-coach105February 28, 2023 02:20AM

agree

21Dog69February 28, 2023 04:21AM

Yes it is Dog!

Ramsdude89February 28, 2023 04:48AM