Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OntarioRam with an excellent game review…

October 04, 2022 07:34AM
Here’s OntarioRam…

Stafford really hurt us tonight. TDs were there to be had in the red zone, but he missed them. And his turnovers were costly. You have to take the good and the bad with Matthew, but I wish he could save his stinkers and turnovers for someone other than the 49ers. Or prime time.

Speaking of turnovers, Stafford locks onto Kupp too much. It is killing us. It makes the Rams' offense too predictable. And it sees Kupp's injury risk shoot through the roof with this much usage. On the INT where Matthew targeted Kupp on the screen pass, he telegraphed the throw the entire way, and then threw a slow-pitch. That can't happen. RGIII had an interesting tweet indicating that the RB, on the other side of the field (!), is who that play is designed for and not the WR. Which would explain why McVay was talking to Stafford after with lots of displeasure on his face... brutal.

The offensive line is in complete shambles. Hopefully, Shelton is okay. We need to get healthy in the worst way, but I thought our 2nd and 3rd stingers actually played about as well as one could reasonable expect, so hats off to them. We were on the road vs. an absolutely elite defence and moved the ball well, just stalling in the red zone.

ARob is averaging 3 targets per game, and that is with Van Jefferson not even in the lineup. Ouch. He looks like a bust, but who can even say, with this little usage? And of the few targets he does get, a few have been absolute prayers. Not 50-50 balls looking for a contested catch. Complete miracle balls. We need to force feed him and see what we have. If he is washed, so be it, but he is not even getting looks, and to my eye, he has been open plenty of times.

I do think that the team misses Van Jefferson as a deep threat, which will hopefully help stretch the field and open things up for everyone. But if Van Jefferson is being pined over, you're in trouble. And Tutu is not even active as we look for a field stretcher. Complete bust. It's official now. Sad.

Zero pass rush. Donald played great, at times drawing triple teams (!). Yet I don't think I noticed another defensive lineman all night, and the 49ers had some injuries on their o-line, too. This defensive line needs help. Perhaps we should have just paid Von Miller...

Akers looks to be toast. Hendo needs to be the lead back going forward. Which makes this one weak, injury prone RB room. Hopefully, Kyren Williams can show something once he is back, which I believe might be for week 8 after the bye week.

The defense was awful. Missed tacklers everywhere. Soft coverage. We did not give up too many points, but that is only because the 49ers missed on several huge plays, with dropped passes and inaccurate throws, as well as a FG. The jury is still out on Raheem Morris but the fact I am saying this 1.25 years into his tenure is very concerning. Has he ever devised an excellent game plan against a strong opponent without the benefit of having both AD99 on Miller on the d-line? I cannot seem to recall one, but am open to correction.

Wager was brought in for precisely this type of game, but his impact tonight was minimal, save for one very nice TD saving tackle on the goal-line. He has been very underwhelming thus far in horns. Hugely disappointing.

I thought McVay called a decent game. It's not up to him to execute in the red zone. The plays were there to be made.

It is a long season. It is about how you look in January and no early October. But right now, I don't see this team having even a slight change of repeating. No way we beat any of the AFC juggernauts right now. Perhaps we can make some adjustments and add to the roster as the season progresses. The NFC is so weak that I think we have as good of a chance as anyone else in-conference of making it to the big game, if we can heal up and stay relatively healthy thereafter. But no way we can dance with the AFC at present.

Probably much more I am forgetting...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OntarioRam with an excellent game review…

Rams43476October 04, 2022 07:34AM

Re: OntarioRam with an excellent game review…

SoCalRAMatic109October 04, 2022 07:48AM

Typical

JimYoungblood53115October 04, 2022 08:25AM

But the post is labeled 'excellent'

promomasterj116October 04, 2022 08:28AM

And, it's a retweet so we can't respond to the person...

mtramfan37October 04, 2022 12:22PM

Re: But the post is labeled 'excellent'

AlbaNY_Ram68October 04, 2022 01:17PM

That's all you took away from all those observations

ferragamo7996October 04, 2022 08:46AM

Re: Typical

Rams43101October 04, 2022 09:50AM

The post could be a cut and paste from this board

promomasterj118October 04, 2022 09:56AM

Re: The post could be a cut and paste from this board

Rams4380October 04, 2022 09:59AM

Name one that hasn't been posted here multiple times

promomasterj67October 04, 2022 10:40AM

Yep.

JimYoungblood5371October 04, 2022 10:49AM

Re: Yep.

303041October 04, 2022 11:11AM

Re: Name one that hasn't been posted here multiple times

Rams4346October 04, 2022 12:25PM

Re: Typical

Rams4378October 04, 2022 09:54AM

OntarioRam on Taylor Rapp…

Rams43167October 04, 2022 10:25AM

Re: OntarioRam on Taylor Rapp…

303087October 04, 2022 10:44AM

another wasted high pick

ferragamo7970October 04, 2022 11:31AM

Re: another wasted high pick

Ramstien54October 04, 2022 01:10PM

another poor pick

ferragamo7945October 04, 2022 01:13PM

Mcvey was awful, what game did he watch?

RustyRay61October 04, 2022 12:57PM

Re: McVay was awful, what game did he watch?

RustyRay65October 04, 2022 02:00PM