Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: Matthew Stafford's elbow injury is considered 'bad tendonitis'

August 04, 2022 09:19AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Report: Matthew Stafford's elbow injury is considered 'bad tendonitis'

Cameron DaSilva
August 4, 2022 11:09 am PT

Matthew Stafford played through some pain in his throwing arm last season so in the offseason, he had an anti-inflammatory injection in his right elbow. The team didn’t allow him to throw during OTAs and minicamp, saving him for training camp.

And after starting training camp as he normally would, Stafford’s workload has since been limited after he felt some pain in his right elbow this week. He’s not expected to throw in team drills the rest of camp, as the team keeps the long-term goal in sight – and that’s having him healthy for the entire season.

Ian Rapoport shared an update on NFL Network Thursday and said Stafford’s injury is considered “bad tendonitis.”

“My understanding, this elbow issue – which actually cropped up in the spring – is described to me as bad tendonitis,” he said. “It is a tendon issue in his throwing elbow and a little bit of a procedure, not a surgery, but a procedure – more of a PRP-type deal – in the offseason to try to manage it. Did not get to a place where he really needs it to be. I think long-term, everyone in LA thinks this is going to be fine. I don’t sense any stress about it.”

Tendonitis can be painful, and one of the best ways to help alleviate the pain is by resting and icing the tendon. That explains why the Rams are limiting his throwing workload in camp, hoping the pain subsides and he can be a full-go as normal when the season begins.

Sean McVay hasn’t expressed much concern at all over the issue, but it will be monitored closely by everyone until Week 1.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Report: Matthew Stafford's elbow injury is considered 'bad tendonitis'

BerendsenRam507August 04, 2022 09:19AM

Golfer's elbow or tennis elbow is no fun...

Rampage2K-268August 04, 2022 09:48AM

Here's something key to consider

Ram_Ruler261August 04, 2022 09:50AM

100%

LMU93106August 04, 2022 03:19PM

Article: Matthew Stafford dealing with ‘bad tendonitis’ in throwing elbow

BerendsenRam182August 04, 2022 09:57AM

So, no throwing in co-practices?

alyoshamucci226August 04, 2022 10:58AM

Re: Report: Matthew Stafford's elbow injury is considered 'bad tendonitis'

Classicalwit147August 04, 2022 01:09PM

Re: Report: Matthew Stafford's elbow injury is considered 'bad tendonitis'

GroundPounder237August 04, 2022 03:25PM

ESPN- McVay Says Stafford's Elbow Pain Abnormal for a QB

MamaRAMa126August 04, 2022 03:48PM

Lateral epicondylitis?

NewMexicoRam122August 04, 2022 03:55PM

Heres The Article Rams Brothers: Tom Brady Couldn’t Throw a Football Pain-Free Until He Finally Fixed His Elbow Issue

BerendsenRam201August 04, 2022 05:06PM