Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1989 NFC Championship rematch...

January 26, 2022 03:54AM
For those that weren't fans back then, this was the phantom sack game. The beginning of a string of nearly unbearable years as a Rams fan. The beginning of the end of Everett as a Ram.

The future seemed bright back then, Everett, Bell, Anderson, Ellard, Slater, Green. Ugh, that game still haunts the Rams, well me at least!

I had no idea the turmoil that was the front office and ownership (I was in 8th grade and sports news was nothing like today), the mess that would end up sending the team to St Louis and obscurity. The generation of people who have no idea that the Rams are one of the best franchises in the NFL. Even with the abysmal 90's, the Rams have the 7th most wins and are still over .500 all time. If not for that decade of being one of worst teams, the Rams are near the top in all time winning percentage, but no one believes that now.

I really do believe that this year is something special. I have a ton of faith, confident faith, that we will see a dominating performance this weekend and eventually will win the Superbowl in LA.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

1989 NFC Championship rematch...

baraw153January 26, 2022 03:54AM

Always hated that being called the "Phantom Sack" game.

Ramgator79January 26, 2022 06:20AM

Re: Always hated that being called the "Phantom Sack" game.

Tony Romas76January 26, 2022 08:01AM