Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 10 ... 9ers ... putrid.

November 17, 2021 01:35PM
I'd rather spit my teeth out than write this one, especially since I'm going to be a bit easy on a team I simply expect more out of from numerous angles.

Our offense was inept. Losing Woods is a psychological blow and the team simply did not prepare to adjust for that. We may have prepared the right packages, but I can't know that. I knew the 9ers were going to run on us. I did not expect us to not be able to score.

There was nothing great. Obviously.

The Good

1) Run blocking was working fine. I thought both Sony and Hendo have been playing at a high level.

2) While they ran on us, then ran for less than 4ypc.

3) Von Miller showed some burst.

4) Gut checks this early in the season by the bye week. We can sort our crap out now.

5) The extra week to get OBJ as a functional member of the rotation.

6) Benny Sko getting open.

The Bad

7) Misses by Stafford. Until he fixes it. Balls behind, low, high ... gotta figure his thumb is an issue even though it's not being said.

8) Having to sit through 2 90 yard ten minutes drives.

9) The fake FG ... that's our 4th string TE ... and it was a long get. It wasn't 4th and 6.

10) Higbee ... two drops, one for pick 6.

11) Kupp? Dropped first down?

12) How hard our players were getting popped on those short throws.

13) Dissention among the ranks with Ramsey and Morris.

14) EVERY KITTLE AND SAMUEL PLAY.

15 ) the article on NFL.com ... I hope McVay puts it up in his office and the locker room.

16) The disappearance of Fuller and Darious Williams.

The Unacceptable

17) QB Body Language. You'e the leader. I DEMAND 60 football minutes of unbridled unjustifiable optimism.

18) the team not being able to pull themselves together after a brutal first half. Looked like giving up to me. That's unacceptable.

19) Having two gamers in a row where I don't watch past the 3rd quarter.

20) Watching Phil Mickelson on with the Mannings saying "Well considering the 9ers are last in rush defense we should expect Mcvay to use it a little more." He's a golfer. We ran 9 times. And they were decent chunks I thought.

21) So, my fear here ... Shanahan says early in the week "We're going to impose our will" .. this means we will run and run and run. this sounds like a manhood challenge, it's not. It's inspiration to a team he believes in against a team he has had his way with for years. Sean McVay coming in to this should have heard "we're going to run on you" and been like "K, they're going to just run at us. All game. Bring a safety down in the box. Make them throw, make Garrapolo hold the ball.
But it seems that instead of that, he said "We're going to impose OUR will ... we're going to stop the run and throw all over you." Instead of saying "Hey, these guys can't stop the run ... why don't we just run on them?"
I remember a while back when the Vikings were run stopping juggernauts. "How were the Patriots going to run on them?" Anyone remember that game? the Patriots didn't run the ball the entire first half.
Tom Brady just threw it like 30 times. then they were up by 4 TDs and the D line was gassed.
So I hope McVay is humbled. I hope someone in his close circle is giving him good info. Because that game plan was deeply flawed and it was not too late to start running in the 3rd. Did no one have the balls to challenge his approach?

College

22) RB is thick this year.

23) I can't stomach watching football after such a garbage poerformance so I don't have much to add right now.

Questions and comments welcome ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2021 01:37PM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 10 ... 9ers ... putrid.

alyoshamucci543November 17, 2021 01:35PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 10 ... 9ers ... putrid.

Rams43228November 17, 2021 02:26PM

BerendsenRam283November 17, 2021 02:37PM

LMU93115November 17, 2021 05:37PM

Fake field goal..

sstrams176November 18, 2021 05:49AM

21Dog118November 18, 2021 05:44AM

That was Ramsey yelling at Rochell

JimYoungblood53154November 18, 2021 07:18AM

Re: That was Ramsey yelling at Rochell

alyoshamucci138November 18, 2021 02:58PM

Re: That was Ramsey yelling at Rochell

MamaRAMa112November 18, 2021 03:26PM

Re: Rochell

leafnose149November 18, 2021 04:30PM

Morris came up and then Ramsey

JimYoungblood5386November 18, 2021 04:31PM

people forget that

JimYoungblood53137November 18, 2021 07:19AM

Ekern55173November 18, 2021 06:12PM