Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TexasRam shares some thoughts after 1st Raider scrimmage…

August 19, 2021 06:05AM
Here’s TexasRam…

The Stafford picks aren't a concern at the moment. A few picks off tips etc. Plus trying to test new plays etc.

He's a vet so:
a) You know what you are getting out of him.
b) He knows how to play ball security come go time.

The concern is learning the new system though. You want him to have some real crisp practices in the final weeks leading to the regular season. So they will really need to start tightening the screws next week.

The play of Rochell is an excellent thing to hear. We really need the kid to step up with the Long jr. concerns.

My remaining top concerns about this team are as follows:

1. Allen - Not convinced till I see the huge leap in a real game. Keeping an eye on Meredith and Coleman in preseason. Meredith is a super talented blocker but Coleman has the reps at center.
2. 2nd TE - Some of you don't realize how critical our TE's are in our run game and also our pass game. They are critical. Mcvay does a whole lot with his TE's in the blocking game. A few missed blocks can be the difference in a game especially early on vs a physical team like da Bears.
3. Ernest Jones - Lots of hype with Jones in training camp etc. When I rewatch the game film vs the Chargers he was badly beat on a quick move pass for a big gain. He also was drowned out in the run game several times. Add this to his lack of athleticism to get to the edge and there is a lot of weakness to take advantage of. I know a lot of you are high on him and he has had some picks in training camp. Regular season - real time games - vs elite players and schemes are much different. I'm hoping for the best but not sure he's a lock to be a player just yet at the NFL level based on what he showed vs the Chargers, and virtually every scouting report on him. I hope Kiser and Howard get the starts.

My top 3 positives:

1) Mcvay recognized the Evans problem. I pointed this out last year and when looking at the Green Bay game this should have been a red flag. Better late than never though.
2) Deep game - The additions of Stafford, Jackson, and even options with Jefferson (year 2), Tutu and Harris should really open the offense up. Not that I think the Tutu pick at that spot was wise in any way, but the added deep threat ability should stretch defenses and be a net overall gain for our offense.
3) Rookie Watch - Big potential team impact if Harris, Rochell or Meredith take off.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TexasRam shares some thoughts after 1st Raider scrimmage…

Rams43566August 19, 2021 06:05AM

Rams have time on their side with Jones

LMU93213August 19, 2021 07:03AM

Re: Rams have time on their side with Jones

Classicalwit111August 19, 2021 02:02PM

Jones will do okay once the tackling happens

HornsUpRamily!102August 19, 2021 04:37PM