Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, here is the Ram contract philosophy, I think...

August 20, 2018 06:51PM
And it’s a pretty darned simple one, at that.

Pssssst... Come a little closer...

They identify the core players that they really like. Then they sign them to fair market prices (sometimes at market setting prices), preferably sooner than necessary. This applies to pending UFA’s and incoming FA’s alike.

The rest that fall outside their identified core players? They sign if affordable, but let walk if they feel the player is asking too much.

They now feel that they can afford to follow this strategy because of their newfound ability to evaluate talent since Snead and McVay have teamed up.

Demoff’s proven ability to shrewdly manage the cap makes this strategy doable, to be sure.

So very simple to put in writing, and yet, so few teams can do it. Other teams seem to let the wrong players get away, sign the wrong players, pay too much for certain other players, let position groups become weak without being reinforced, and on and on...

Pretty simple to state, but it only becomes possible to execute with the likes of Demoff, Snead, and McVay.

I think that we are in for a nice long run of success with those 3 young cats doing their respective things. Lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2018 06:59PM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, here is the Ram contract philosophy, I think...

Rams43443August 20, 2018 06:51PM

Re: Well, here is the Ram contract philosophy, I think...

David Deacon149August 21, 2018 02:12AM

AlbaNY_Ram155August 21, 2018 02:27AM

Rams43114August 21, 2018 06:31AM