Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting post on McVay’s psychology by leoram...

October 12, 2017 10:58AM
Here’s leoram...

Numbingly Consistent

Every time Sean McVay speaks, no matter what the circumstance, he says something he’s prepared for a purpose. Sometimes a reporter will ask him something goofy just to get him out of it (which player is most likely to visit a waterpark in Florida) and he won’t answer it until he can return to his roots of “this is a business trip.”

On Sammy Watkins, he takes responsibility as needing to get him more involved, informs us what happened on social media has been addressed, compliments Sammy for responding the right way, and considers the whole thing instructional moving forward while stating that things don’t always go as planned on every play.

On Mo Alexander, he compliments Mo, wishes him well, and continues to compliment his coaches and each individual safety on the roster.

On the loss to Seattle, he is careful to look at himself first, acknowledge our errors, and give Seattle credit.

When the team wins, he focuses on the progress, acknowledges areas that need to improve, and turns the focus on the next “great” team they are about to play. Oh, and he does the exact same thing after losses.

I swear, our coach reminds me of Spock from Star Trek. He has an analysis for everything he says and does so with no ego. He has emotions but they are always under control. There will never be Jim Mora or Denny Green like meltdowns. There are no Dick Vermeil tears. There are no Lombardi like quotes to draw football parallels to philosophical life questions.

When challenged about Red Zone efficiency, he knows damned well he scripted the perfect opening drive for a touchdown. He knows Chancellor was guilty of an egregious PI on Higbee but since he got away with it, Sean called it a great play. No emotion demonstrated though you can tell it burns inside him.

No, this coach will be like the sun who does the exact same thing everyday and no matter what happens, will continue that process of developing himself, his staff, and his team everyday. What I consider boring, he will use to make this team a consistent winner. This is his character and true character never changes. Everyone knows now (looking at you Mo), the process is in place and either you buy in or will be respectfully shown the door.

I swear, by now every fan paying attention, every coach, administrator, every player, and most reporters know what he’s going to say once the question is asked and the coaches and players know the script as well and generally parrot the same.

We don’t know how this season will end but by now we definitely know what will happen along the way. Whether we go 7-9 on the season or 14-2, McVay will focus on the next step necessary. Live long and prosper my friends.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting post on McVay’s psychology by leoram...

Rams43755October 12, 2017 10:58AM

this is all called

Ram49267October 12, 2017 03:57PM

+1 buddy

ferragamo79198October 12, 2017 04:34PM

Re: this is all called

Old Goat195October 12, 2017 05:20PM

Re: this is all called

Coy Bacon219October 12, 2017 06:05PM

Re: Interesting post on McVay’s psychology by leoram...

XXXIVwin222October 12, 2017 05:06PM

Thanks 43

David Deacon222October 13, 2017 04:01AM