Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few thoughts and observations about Rams vs Cowboys

August 11, 2017 12:06AM
I think I know what we will get from the Cowboys on Saturday. Maybe even better then we know what the Rams will deliver. So with all things being equal what I'd like to see is consistent play from the offense and from Goff that he understands what is happening around him and he can deal with it.

Its important that Goff has made a jump to managing an offense competently during a game and I am not sure how much we will see of Goff but I would have to think this is not your normal starter plays a series or two and then sits. I think the situation warrants that Goff and the ones play maybe a quarter at least. Maybe a half and then the 3rd quarter belongs to Mannion and the mop up to Orslovsky.

The Rams offense needs to gel and I believe that means starters play more then most teams. Also, I really feel that Gurley needs to play. A lot. I can recall when Eric Dickerson was early in his career with the Rams and he played more then a series or two in the whole pre-season. I believe even Dickerson last summer said sitting Gurley during the summer was a huge mistake. As we saw he was not an effective runner during the season and the running game suffered. I think we need to see some positive play from Gurley and the starting offensive line in the pre-season.

To visit ancient history, when Chuck Knox and George Allen both were in their first years with the Rams they played to win even the practice games. Intensity was seen as key. Winning was key and this team, like their first teams need to learn how to win and get the feeling of winning.

As for things to look for, the receivers are a concern to me right now. Especially when it comes to getting separation and getting open. Robert Woods to my observation has been a little bit concerning in the way most passes I have seen come his way are contested by either Rams DBs or recently Charger DBs. Pharoh Cooper as well. I'm hoping to see some open receivers on Saturday night and more catches then drops. Not sure the timing is there yet between the receivers and the QB.

Running game needs to click. It needs to click with Gurley.

As for the defense I want to see what kind of pressure they get on the Cowboy QBs and how they are against the run and what the coverage in the secondary in like. Honestly my focus is more on the offense.

Winning is an attitude that the Rams need to desire right now and play with intensity and is not something they can just turn on come September.

Grits
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts and observations about Rams vs Cowboys

GreatRamNTheSky426August 11, 2017 12:06AM

Re: A few thoughts and observations about Rams vs Cowboys

Rampage2K-168August 11, 2017 12:37AM

Re: A few thoughts and observations about Rams vs Cowboy

Rams43128August 11, 2017 06:08AM

If the starters are only getting 6-12 snaps...

Saguaro101August 11, 2017 07:30AM

It makes no sense. Goff needs all the playing time he can get

GreatRamNTheSky92August 11, 2017 07:39AM

agree, but......

Rampage2K-90August 11, 2017 07:46AM

Play hard, play the starters a lot, play to win

wv ram115August 11, 2017 08:03AM

Bench the starters, run the Wishbone to conceal our true game plan...

JamesJM102August 11, 2017 08:09AM

I agree with you WV

GreatRamNTheSky92August 11, 2017 08:13AM

damm right

wv ram87August 11, 2017 08:15AM