Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams’ cornerbacks, the ‘bus drivers,’ add some fight to their training-camp talk

August 09, 2017 07:16PM
Rams’ cornerbacks, the ‘bus drivers,’ add some fight to their training-camp talk

By RICH HAMMOND

IRVINE — Turns out, the Rams’ receivers have been showing a lot of poise during training camp.

The Rams’ defensive backs have been loud and feisty throughout training camp. They celebrate plays on the sidelines and aren’t afraid to let receivers known when they get the better of the on-field action. Not surprisingly, things got more physical Wednesday when the Chargers visited UC Irvine.

Three fights broke out in less than a half-hour, early in Wednesday’s joint practice, and all three involved Rams cornerbacks. Somehow, they even managed to fight during a special-teams drill.

“I’m from Stockton, man,” Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson said. “Stockton came out of me. It really did. I’m not going to take mess from nobody. I don’t care who it is.”

In this case, it was Chargers receiver Dontrelle Inman who got into a shove fight with Johnson, then got taken down hard by Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman (who in turn got leveled himself). Later, Robey-Coleman took another big hit after a play, and E.J. Gaines got involved in two of the fights.

Johnson said the first fight started when he and Inman jostled during a 1-on-1 drill and Inman kept his hands in Johnson’s facemask for an excessive period.

“I let it go, tried to play it off,” Johnson said, “but at the end of the play he got in my face. I’m not going to let anybody disrespect me.”

Read Complete Article
[www.ocregister.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill630August 09, 2017 07:16PM

Gonzalez Rams vs Chargers Practice Notes

RamBill340August 09, 2017 07:28PM

Goff, Higbee Display Chemistry vs. Chargers

RamBill271August 09, 2017 08:10PM

Photos: Rams Training Camp Day 10

RamBill245August 09, 2017 08:20PM

Rams lock horns with Chargers during joint practice

RamBill253August 09, 2017 08:32PM

Training Camp Report: Rams and Chargers Joint Practice

RamBill231August 09, 2017 09:05PM

Re: Gonzalez Rams vs Chargers Practice Notes