Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: PFT -Commanders to work out UFL kickers Jake Bates, Andre Szmyt

June 11, 2024 09:17AM
Commanders to work out UFL kickers Jake Bates, Andre Szmyt
LINK

The Commanders need a kicker, after cutting Brandon McManus. Their options include a pair of UFL kickers.

Via Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post, the Commanders will work out Michigan Panthers kicker Jake Bates and St. Louis Battlehawks kicker Andre Szmyt.

Bates made three field goals of 60 yards or longer in 2024, including a 64-yarder. His head coach, Mike Nolan, complained during the season that teams were contacting Bates in violation of the league’s rules.

McManus was signed earlier his years. Nine days after a pair of flight attendants sued McManus for sevual assault, the Commanders cut him.

Bates had a brief stint with the Texans during training camp in 2023. Szmyt spent time last year with the Bears; he won the Lou Groza award as the best kicked in college football in 2018, as a freshman.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: PFT -Commanders to work out UFL kickers Jake Bates, Andre Szmyt

Ramsdude70June 11, 2024 09:17AM

When His Kick was Blocked & He grabbed His leg I thought Oh No for Him !

BerendsenRam32June 11, 2024 09:27AM

I thought he was just over acting like kickers aand punters do

Ramsdude27June 11, 2024 01:37PM