Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High Praise for Corum

May 03, 2024 08:12AM
These guys so much better than the fan sites ... just as general rule

[x.com]

High Praise for Corum: Los Angeles Rams GM Labels Running Back a “Rare Human” After Draft Selection

Ryan Anderson
Updated: May 2, 2024

Credit: Junfu Han / USA TODAY NETWORK
Character isn’t the end-all-be-all in draft evaluations, but the knock-on benefits of having high-integrity people on your roster can’t be overstated. The Los Angeles Rams have certainly made an effort to fill their locker room with not only good ball players but good people as well. Blake Corum is the next in a line of players that meet that standard.

Les Snead was asked by Rich Eisen on his show, ‘The Rich Eisen Show.’ The two conversed shortly about the importance of having leaders on and off the field.

“We all try to rate human beings.” Snead explains, “It’s very subjective. It’s complex. Human beings are complicated. How do we as other humans rate humans? But on our rating scale, he is definitely one of the better, higher, rare humans that we’ve ever tried to rate”

Corum famously began using his NIL earnings to give back to the community. One direct example, Corum signed a sponsorship agreement with Bon Bon Bon, a local chocolate shop in Ann Arbor. The running back made an appearance at the location and met with and served customers. Corum and the shop donated 15% of all proceeds to The Uniform Funding Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides uniforms for underprivileged youth athletes.

Sports Illustrated also featured Corum in an issue on NIL. In it, SI highlighted Corum using his earnings to support teammates who had less lucrative deals by picking up the checks at restaurants, for instance.

He hosted a holiday turkey drive in which the All-American running back distributed 200 turkeys and Thanksgiving essentials to families in underserved communities in Ypsilanti, Michigan.

He also hosted the BC2 Holiday Toy Drive to raise money for the Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries. Corum actively volunteers at the Community, Leadership, and Revolution Academy, supporting young children in their aspirations through sports nutrition, reading, and writing.

His efforts in the community were the reason why he was named captain of the 2023 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

High Praise for Corum

JimYoungblood53470May 03, 2024 08:12AM

Re: That's Awesome

RamsFanSince6977May 03, 2024 08:47AM

Re: High Praise for Corum

LBCRAM55May 03, 2024 01:28PM

All these years after Spagsveney the "Five Pillars" are alive and well

JimYoungblood5356May 03, 2024 01:38PM

Corum is my favorite pick this year

Coy Bacon58May 03, 2024 01:39PM

Run this by me again... 'he's the same as Kyren'....

JamesJM79May 03, 2024 01:46PM

I've not said that but you are right it's been said

JimYoungblood5375May 03, 2024 02:27PM

Re: I've seen enough Michigan games to know Corum is one heck of a RB...

oldschoolramfan50May 04, 2024 07:29AM

He's a great scheme fit, too

JimYoungblood5337May 04, 2024 03:12PM

Re: I've seen enough Michigan games to know Corum is one heck of a RB...

Killrazor29May 05, 2024 12:09AM

culture matters

LMU9359May 04, 2024 04:23AM