Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Sean McVay wants to keep Matthew Stafford “as long as he wants to play”

May 02, 2024 01:42PM
Sean McVay wants to keep Matthew Stafford “as long as he wants to play”

Link

By
Mike Florio

Published May 2, 2024 03:49 PM

Matthew Stafford wants the Rams to put their money where their mouth is.

That’s ultimately why he wants more guaranteed money beyond 2024. He wants the Rams to make a true commitment through 2025.

It sounds as if coach Sean McVay is willing to do it. Here’s the key line from his response regarding Stafford to Adam Schein of SiriusXM Mad Dog Sports Radio: “We were taking it a year at a time, but as long as he wants to play, we’re fortunate to have him as our quarterback.”

If that’s true, there’s no reason not to guarantee the salary for 2025. If Stafford chooses not to play, he doesn’t get the money.

There have been no reports to breathe life into McVay’s remark.Maybe the ink is drying on the new contract. Or maybe they’re agreed to it, and it hasn’t been written up yet.

Regardless, “we were taking it a year at a time” implies that their year-to-year approach has changed. However, it won’t officially change until Stafford gets the guarantees he’s seeking beyond 2024.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2024 01:43PM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Sean McVay wants to keep Matthew Stafford “as long as he wants to play”

Ramsdude93May 02, 2024 01:42PM

Like McVay said Matthew is like a Fine Wine and is getting better with Age

BerendsenRam28May 02, 2024 01:52PM