Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Been hearing about a LOT of backlash from Cities against delusional Owners.

May 01, 2024 08:42AM
Since So Fi went up, everyone wants a new Cadillac. I remember pointing out that Jerry's World would be old news in a few years. Now, SO FI is the measuring stick. Now we have Jacksonville, Chicago and recently, KC and Cleveland who want $$$$$$$$ from Tax Payers. I can see KC MAYBE having a gripe. They have gotten 51 years out of their stadium. But Jacksonville, Chicago and especially Cleveland...Their stadiums aren't even gone past 30 years. I even hear the Cardinals want $$$$$$$$ renovations in St Louis. Here in Jacksonville, the A$$ Hats with the COJ City Council touched on dipping into the Fire / Police Retirement funds?? Shad Khan can EASILY foot the bill alone. All over the Country, people cannot find affordable 1 Bedroom apartments and pay the basics...food, electric etc.

On every account, I have heard stories of a LOT of backlash from Tax Payers. The costs of the Bells n Whistles PLAYGROUNDS has become insane. I'm hoping EVERY one of these Cities tells these Owners to kick sand. Enough is enough. The NFL has been fleecing fans long enough and holding Cities for Ransom.

What kills me is that these new 2.5-4 BILLION stadiums will be deemed "Out Dated" in just 20 years. Just another example how Pro Teams could not care less about fans and the Cities who bow to them.

Just a few nights ago, I watched the Rams / Bucs NFC Title in 1979. Tampa Stadium was a simple bowl with metal seats all around. Guess what....It was PACKED!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Been hearing about a LOT of backlash from Cities against delusional Owners.

Ramgator211May 01, 2024 08:42AM

I sooo agree with this post!!!

SunTzu_vs_Camus62May 01, 2024 08:59AM

And I get that things wear down BUT....

Ramgator58May 01, 2024 09:04AM

For the most part the mentality and narrative have changed

RockRam64May 01, 2024 09:12AM

Re: For the most part the mentality and narrative have changed

303048May 01, 2024 09:59AM