Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blake Corum has an ideal reaction to being selected by Rams…

April 30, 2024 05:41PM
Blake Corum has an ideal reaction to being selected by the Rams

[ramblinfan.com]

Bret Stuter

Some teams needed help at running back in the 2024 NFL Draft, but if I were a prospect who hoped to hear his name called out, the LA Rams would have been one of the least likely teams. After all, the team has a rather full running back room with RB Kyren Williams, Ronnie Rivers, and Zach Evans already on the roster.

To complicate the situation even further, Kyren Williams was one of the most productive and effective runners in the NFL in 2023 as well. Good luck trying to pry carries out of his hands.

The team selected the former Michigan running back with the 83rd overall pick. That is nearly where the team selected former Louisville RB Darrell Henderson Jr.

And yet, there is a lot of optimism in the outlook from the team's newest running back, Blake Corum. After all, he had no expectations of being handed anything in the NFL. He knows that you have to earn what you get, and he is coming to the team with a smoldering confidence

And he sees the opportunity to play for the Los Angeles Rams as a 'full-circle' moment.

Every rookie who is selected in an NFL draft is immediately put on the spot by having a camera (smartphone) shoved into his face and asked to share some reaction to the fans of his new team. While there are plenty of ways that a new rookie can direct his joy, notice that Blake Corum goes immediately to the message about getting back to work.

What I love about this young man's upside is the fact that he is a no-nonsense powerball who loves to run north-south, will make a tackler miss, but who loves to lower the pads and deliver punishing blow after blow to unsuspecting defenders who see a guy with the football, never realizing how much it will take to bring him to the ground.

Corum is 5-foot-8 and 205 pounds, can block, run, and catch the ball. But if he sniffs the endzone, you can bet that he will find a way, some way, to score. This offense seems to move the football up and down the football field with ease. But whenever they get close to scoring, the offense stalls.

"What is up, Ramily? Blake Corum here. I am super excited to get to LA. It is time to get to work. Lets go."

- RB Blake Corumnormal
I think Blake Corum upgrades the Red Zone options for this team. And there is no better time like the present to start working on that.

Thanks for reading.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blake Corum has an ideal reaction to being selected by Rams…

Rams43302April 30, 2024 05:41PM

Re: McVay simply wants to WIN! To do that, you DRAFT WINNERS!

oldschoolramfan56April 30, 2024 07:55PM

Re: Blake Corum has an ideal reaction to being selected by Rams…

Ramkind57April 30, 2024 09:14PM

Killrazor44April 30, 2024 10:53PM

Re: Blake Corum ......You hit the nail on the head.

oldschoolramfan28May 01, 2024 05:58AM

alyoshamucci57May 01, 2024 02:54AM

Thanks for sharing that juicy tidbit, Alyo…

Rams4349May 01, 2024 02:58AM

Re: Thanks for sharing that juicy tidbit, Alyo…

oldschoolramfan31May 01, 2024 06:02AM

I thought RB was a big need - Love Corum

David Deacon43May 01, 2024 03:12AM