Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Day 3 line-up

April 27, 2024 05:32AM
Here's my lift of guys that I think could fall to the slots between 154 & 254. Some of these guys are likely to go before 154 and some between 155-196. But... I think at least 1 of the guys listed below, at each position below, will be available to the Rams with a pick that they have in this draft. The names are not in any particular order (not saying this is how they are ranked or the order I think they should be drafted by the Rams or anyone else.)
Since I think the Rams are in it to win for the next couple of seasons, my favorite guys (in bold) may also be the riskiest guys who could be seen as "reaches" in the draft but also have a skill, or set of skills that could make impact early in their career.

WR - Jamari Thrash (Route runner. Smaller guy with good hands. Not a burner. Will be where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to be there unless press coverage is really good. )
WR - Javon Baker (Do all. Not a burner but enough to take the top off.)
WR - Bub Means (Big. Fast. Not well proven. Would like to see him developed as a KR/PR with the new rules. If he develops, he's got the size and speed to take the top off the defense for sure.)

TE - Theo Johnson (Tall RZ Threat. Willing blocker but didn't do much of that.)
TE - Erick All (Really talented, well rounded but hurt a lot.)
TE - AJ Barner (Likely would be the best blocking TE on the team upon arrival. More talented as a receiver than given credit for.)

OT - Garret Greenfield (Developmental Tackle with higher than average athleticism but lots to work on.)
OT - Frank Crum (See above)
OT - Ethan Driskell (See Above)

OG - Mason McCormick (Bigger guard in the mold of the direction that the Rams seem to be going. Needs weight room and development.)
OG - Javion Cohen (See above.)
OG - Sataoa Laumea (See above - but this guy is just a road grader.)

CB - Qwan'tez Stiggers (Big enough/fast enough. Not afraid to tackle. He's been in the CFL and lit it up. Scheme versatile. Needs a year or 2 but could end up being a steal late in the draft.)
CB - Myles Harden (Big enought. Fast enough? Good zone fit. Really good tackler. Average coverage instincts but if you catch the ball and he's near you, you are going down and likely going down hard.)
CB - Elijah Jones (Not sure he's a fit, but he's athletic for his size. He sticks to his guys in coverage but may be more man cover than zone.)

S - Trey Taylor (Might be repetitive after Rams grabbing Kichens. But, he's definately more of a split safety than a high safety. Reliable tackler.)
S - Sione Vaki (He's a football player but maybe without a true position. Potential ST standout and a guy who could be a back-up S, KR/PR and even an emergency RB. Versatility could open the door for rams to carry some guys they normally wouldn't on the 53.)
S - Mark Perry (Zone/2 high guy. Willing tackler who will lay the lumber but sometimes misses tackles by being out of control. Needs time and would have to be ST contributor to make the team.)

LB - Jaylan Ford (Athletic and well built but not overly fast or quick. Decent in coverage with great hands.)
LB - Edefuan Ulofoshio (Doesn't have great measurables but is always getting the job done. Plays faster and bigger than he is. Needs to be taught how to diagnose things faster and may not have the ability to drop into coverage. Would likely be a core ST guy from the jump.
LB - Omar Speights (A little small but he's aggressive and can drop into coverage pretty well. Good as delayed blitzer where there's a clearer path but he's not going to beat anyone other than a RB when he's blocked.)

DT - Khristian Boyd (Bigger DT/shorter arms with solid anchor to hold his ground in the run game but not a lot of strength/juice to do much more than stalemate the guy in front of him.)
DT - Jowon Briggs (Bigger D/T/shorter arms with less anchor but more ability to slide along the line to make tackles. Decent first step.
DT - Evan Anderson (Another Big dude. Great anchor, heavy hands. Will clog up running lanes but also can move a bit. He needs coaching. Has both a high ceiling and a low floor but if he gets to that high ceiling, he would be a steal in the 6th or 7th round.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Day 3 line-up

Hawaii Rams Fan310April 27, 2024 02:34AM

Joe Milton Flyer?

Shecky66April 27, 2024 02:44AM

Re: Joe Milton Flyer?

Hawaii Rams Fan58April 27, 2024 03:38AM

Rice

Shecky56April 27, 2024 03:45AM

PK Karty from Stanford.

Ridgewood Ram58April 27, 2024 03:59AM

Re: Day 3 line-up