Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Man, you are going to start a lot of trouble around here

April 25, 2024 09:52AM
Spot on reasoning, my friend.

Somehow Caleb and his nails remind me of the posturing, stubble-posing square-jawed heroic college phenom Matt Leinart - who fell from everybody's #1 pick to #10 for the Cards, who took him, sidelined Warner for the Golden Boy for a couple of misspent years until they sobered up and let Warner lead them to a Super Bowl. Leinart meanwhile showed some brilliant flashes but fizzled his way out of the league. He's still around, parlaying that same stubble and good looks persona and college background into a career commenting on college football and doing well.

Caleb is a very smooth-playing and graceful athlete, fun to watch. He definitely has his talent and abilities, along with some decision-making weaknesses. But I cannot get past the painted nails, rockstar Prince-like adopted persona, and crying on his mother's shoulder while still in the arena.

I think the NFL will test how tough he is, and he'll either grow or crumble. He's fortunate that he'll never have to face Aaron Donald or Ray Lewis.

He could be the next GOAT in the media herd - or he could be frontlining celebrity extravaganzas in a few years, with endorsements from Estee Lauder and Revlon for more money than an NFL contract would pay him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2024 09:59AM by mtramfan.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting stats on QB’s drafted in 1st round…

Rams4387April 25, 2024 08:10AM

Man, you are going to start a lot of trouble around here

RockRam39April 25, 2024 08:50AM

Re: Man, you are going to start a lot of trouble around here

mtramfan29April 25, 2024 09:52AM