Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My final draft thoughts

April 26, 2024 12:40AM
Deadpool
I am pretty much in the middle of everything farm related right now, so this might be my last bit of "cough" wisdom "cough"
I'll go in order by round unless I forget something.

1. First Round
a) I believe the Rams should go defense, and specifically an EDGE defender. My #1 is Latu on my board and he makes the most sense. My worse case scenario is Latu, Turner and Verse are gone by 19. At that point, I see the Rams trading down. I'm starting to get the feeling Latu is off the board before 19.
You got that one right --- and yres,. edge was the top priority as long as there wasn't a significantly better player ... and Rams got one you like

b) I think the Rams want to trade up into the top 10ish area, and its either for a top OT like Alt or Fashanu, Rome Odunze, Brock Bowers, A QB, or their top edge.
I think it's pretty clear they tried, couldn't find a partner

c) I do think QB is in play. The name that makes the most sense to me is Penix. They have talked to Fautanu and Odunze, so its possible they talked to them a bit about Penix. Penix also fits the McVay mold of a guy not afraid to push the ball down the field and was PFFs top ranked play action QB. I don't think i would take Penix in round 1, but I think its going to take a top 15 pick to get any of the top 6 QBs.
Falcons fans no happy with Penix, and yes, those two guys were likely targets, maybe Bowers, too

d) I think flying out to Robinson is either a ploy to throw people off the scent of what they are really going to do, or most likely, they think he might be the best fallback option. If Verse and their favorite DT Murphy or Newton are gone and the top 3 edge rushers are gone and they are bent on going D, its really Robinson or bust. Or trade to the back of round 1 and take Darius Robinson.

Possible --- had they traded back to high 20s he may have been BPA on their board

e) I don't think the Rams will go OL in the 1st, unless they can move up. Fuaga is a OG or maybe a RT, Fautanu may or may not be a OT and is the only fit outside the big 2 OTs. Mims is too raw, Guyton is a RT and Barton is a OG/OC.
You got that right,too.

f) they aren't drafting: an IOL, off ball backer, safety, RB. They aren't drafting a TE not named Bowers.
You are right. But I think Bowers may have been one of 2-3 targets, but that is only a guess on my part.

g) If the Rams go WR, its seems like Odunze in a move up, or Brian Thomas Jr staying put. AD Mitchell makes no sense, and its too early for any other WR.
Target? Justs my opinion was Odunze -- among skill players--

e) So who is left: LTs Alt, Fashanu and Fautanu, EDGEs Latu, Turner, Verse or Chop, WRs Odunze and Thomas Jr, TE Bowers or QB Penix Jr. Lastly their are DTs Murphy and Newton. Thats a lot of names, but if I had to guess, it'll be Latu, Robinson, Penix Jr, or Fautanu.
no one is perfect ... but --- maybe Rams did like Penix ... maybe Falcons wouldn't let go? But you made solid points and got most of the execty right'

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My final draft thoughts

Deadpool449April 24, 2024 09:22AM

I commend you!

Ridgewood Ram66April 24, 2024 09:27AM

Pretty much agree, get edge, if a good one there, but a trade up is fine, too

JimYoungblood5370April 24, 2024 09:29AM

Was going to ask about Kneeland.

alyoshamucci93April 24, 2024 09:45AM

Great stuff here as we go into Day 2

Valley-Ram53April 26, 2024 12:20AM

Re: My final draft thoughts

JimYoungblood5361April 26, 2024 12:40AM

Your posts at this time of year are priceless…

Rams4333April 26, 2024 02:32AM