Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Watched the Show and Thoroughly Enjoyed It. But...

April 19, 2024 06:23AM
I came away convinced that, should the Rams have an opportunity to select a highly-rated QB in the draft...they should take it.

As much as I'm impressed with Stafford's ability to take a hit; pull himself off of the turf; and, continue to play well, I think that both McVay and the Rams are taking for granted that this will always be the case - even at his (Stafford's) age and investment in the OL. Just juxtaposing the images of an older QB who clearly isn't "OK" in any given moment in the game (or during the week) with the ones of him interacting with four young kids. As much as Stafford wants to be out there battling, I can't help but to think that, at any given moment, he's gonna ask himself, Why am I out here again? I just think that it would behoove the Rams to be prepared to maximize what they should have on the OL for (at least) the next 3 seasons.

On paper, selecting a mid to late-round QB to groom sounds good. But to be honest, I haven't seen McVay have too much (if any) success with the QB's selected in those rounds. And no, I don't think that Stetson Bennett will be any different. He HAS had success with the likes of RGIII, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, and Baker Mayfield (all 1st or 2nd overall picks) which suggests to me that both he and his offense meshes well with the physical/mental/emotional talents that highly-rated QB's typically have.

If Penix, Jr. or Nix is there in the 2nd round, I'd have the Rams select him; have him sit and learn the QB position at the NFL level and McVay's offense for a year; and, be ready (if needed) for 2025.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Rams Documentary “Locked In” showcases how special Matthew Stafford is

BerendsenRam117April 18, 2024 07:21PM

Pretty good doc.....

roman1847April 19, 2024 04:24AM

Busted on Wentz for his Eating.

den-the-coach60April 19, 2024 05:39AM

Re: Busted on Wentz for his Eating.

21Dog52April 19, 2024 05:54AM

I Watched the Show and Thoroughly Enjoyed It. But...

ramBRO54April 19, 2024 06:23AM