Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to figure out which WR the Rams prefer

April 05, 2024 09:05AM
I think it is a given that they will at least attempt to take advantage of this class. Also it is a need for us in terms of adding speed and downfield threat to assist our underneath strength with Kupp & Nacua. But the monkey wrench in all this is the question of whether Kupp's medicals are more concerning than anyone has let on. I mention that only because it is possible, as I don't have any real feel in that either way as Kupp does tend to get injured.

So as it pertains to Thomas he fits that classic X role perfectly. Well maybe not perfectly, but extremely well. He is a different level of wideout than Jefferson, Tutu, Skow, etc. He is a different type of wideout than Kupp and Nacua. True speed is what we're talking here, real gear for taking the top off. And the reason that is so important is that it magnifies the advantage we have in the pocket.

But the thing is I also like some other wideouts in this very deep class. I love Franklin for example. So I think if the Rams want a wideout there is room for them to address it even with a drop down.

And I hate to admit this but the more I watch these wideouts the more I have started thinking McConkey might be their target. Reason I am not particularly high on McConkey is his size, but outside of that he's got a lot of good things to add to this offense. But how will he do out there on the LOS with the jam vs the world's best. I think the size helps these guys out there, gives them more room for error and potential to grow into an ability to get into the pattern consistently on time. But of late I have been doubting myself with McConkey. And thinking that maybe I've been ignoring his overall game which is something McVay may well prioritize. Maybe I've been a bit too focused on height and speed. Thankfully we'll know soon, this draft can't get here soon enough. thumbs up smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is this the wide receiver that the Rams should target at 19?

BerendsenRam350April 05, 2024 08:03AM

Re: Is this the wide receiver that the Rams should target at 19?

SoCalRAMatic105April 05, 2024 08:26AM

303083April 05, 2024 08:30AM

BerendsenRam62April 05, 2024 07:37PM

six2stack38April 06, 2024 01:05AM

BerendsenRam43April 06, 2024 07:22AM

Trying to figure out which WR the Rams prefer

merlin85April 05, 2024 09:05AM

Kid from Mich in the 3rd

ScRAM55April 06, 2024 01:23AM

Ramdemic41April 06, 2024 03:46AM

Big fan of Ja'Lynn Polk from Washington

BigGame8138April 06, 2024 09:30AM