Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams predicted to land Heisman finalist quarterback in the draft

March 29, 2024 02:36PM
ACL's can be a career-ender or routine fix-and-rehab to greater strength than pre-injury - depending on the severity of the injury, surgeon who did the repair, genetics, and the effectiveness of rehab. I'm assuming the first might have been a patch-job on Penix's knee and the second one took. The Rams med staff ought to know.

For historical perspective: Logan Bruss tore his knee to shreds. He still has a roster spot after being fixed by the Rams surgeon and rehabbed by the Rams staff. (I'm referring to only his knee here.) OBJ got his career back after the Rams surgeon fixed his knee.

He knee (and shoulder) could quite possibly be in better shape than Gurley's knee. I had my forebodings when the Rams drafred him, excited to watch him play a few times, not exactly happy with his self-centered and critical attitude, and ultimately disappointed and not surprised when he couldn't go in a Super Bowl. Reap what you sow - live with the consequences of your choices.

Back to Penix: We know about his arm strength and talent (I read that: accuracy.) Does he love to play football and does he grasp concepts quickly, turn them into instansaneous "right" decisions, and is he a man who can inspire other men? That latter trait is fading, IMO, among his generation. I'd rather see another Ron Jaworsky type guy, all heart and guts with enough talent to drive it, than ....... fill in the blank.

I trust the Rams to have done due diligence with inside info in all of these medical areas - and other areas - before we hear a peep about it. Assuming that they have, it wouldn't surprise me to see them grab Penix early enough to insure getting him - or to let him pass entirely.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams predicted to land Heisman finalist quarterback in the draft

BerendsenRam363March 29, 2024 12:43PM

mtramfan92March 29, 2024 02:36PM

Classicalwit66March 29, 2024 03:23PM

mtramfan63March 29, 2024 05:22PM

Penix Injury History (link)

Ramadune87March 29, 2024 04:32PM

Re: Penix Injury History (link).....^^^THIS^^^^