Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pretty balanced article and conclusion

March 28, 2024 02:00AM
I agree with this writer down the line.
This is a medium risk/high reward type of signing. If White is simply not who he used to be, or is now injury prone, they only have a modest 1 year deal. If he returns to form, they have an All-Pro level CB for a bargain price.

Injuries happen in this game. Some players come back from injuries better than others. It's been 6 months since his surgery and so there is a goodly amount of data on how his recovery is going.

The fact that the doctor that did the surgery and that has been monitoring him ever since is on the Rams staff gives the Rams about as good insight as is possible on the matter. Clearly the doc gave it a green light.

Plus, if I'm not incorrect, there are different grades of Achilles tears from slight to total. I don't know how bad White's was, but everything considered I suspect it was in a middle tier.

Don't think any comparison to Akers is warranted. Different players, different positions, probably different tiers of tear, and certainly simply different human beings that heal differently.

You don't get to the Superbowl without taking a few risks. And I agree that the Rams think they are a Superbowl team. IMO their biggest need now is Edge and DT. I suspect that in addition to the Rams trading UP in the 1st round if needed to grab an edge they like, they may well draft two DTs in their first 4 picks or even use their 2nd pick of the third round as bait to move up in the 1st to get that Edge player. If they are truly in love with an Edge guy like Dallas Turner for example, I could even see them dangle next year's 1st round pick to move up to get him.

When we see the Rams bypass journeyman type Edge guys like Clowney, to me it signals they want a potential home run impact Edge guy. And the only way that happens at this point is to draft one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Grading the Rams' signing of CB Tre'Davious White

BerendsenRam320March 27, 2024 12:24PM

Re: Grading the Rams' signing of CB Tre'Davious White

LaDoc95March 27, 2024 04:51PM

Pretty balanced article and conclusion

RockRam75March 28, 2024 02:00AM

Very well said My Brother

BerendsenRam17March 28, 2024 07:08AM