Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible Solutions

March 27, 2024 06:18AM
AlbaNY_Ram
Headslap75
I was just reading about a new promotion The Rams are rolling out
"Ticket turnover program"

If I understood correctly this would allow season ticket holders to sell back up to 3 gms of 2024 season for fans unable to attend games .... the credit or money back would funnel directly into
your 2025 season ticket cost.

I guess the question is does this allow Rams management a way to limit the amount of opposing teams fans coming in as opposed to a private sell off by season ticket holder? Or do they simply take those tickets and sell them off to the Ticketmaster/Stub hubs of the world ?

You have the parameters of this new promotion correct. But I can't figure out how this helps limit opposing teams fans from coming to SoFi. Whether the Rams sell the tickets directly to the public or if the tickets are sold thru Ticketmaster there really isn't any way to test if the buyer is a Rams fan or not.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it so I'll ask. If the Rams get tickets back from a season ticket holder and then the Rams resell those tickets, how can the Rams be assured that they are selling those tickets to Rams fans and not fans of the other team?

I agree that, although I'm sure that the organization would prefer "sell back" tix to go to Rams fans, they likely don't care who buys the tickets, pays for parking, etc.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they had ways of identifying true Rams fans vs. opponents.

My first guess would be that they have a list of fans who have previously expressed interest in being season ticket holders, but have yet to pull the trigger. At least twice a year, I receive emails from the team offering me the "opportunity" to shell out $50K (per seat) for a license. Yes, I know that they have cheaper (and way more expensive) plans than that. I don't see why they couldn't give them first crack at these types of tix.

Another option is that I'm pretty sure that the Rams buy ticket purchaser info from 3rd party ticket brokers/sellers (i.e. Vivid, Seat Geek, etc.). If you've purchased, say...4 tix over the past two seasons, I'm guessing that you're a Rams fan and not a Whiner fan (who would've likely only purchased two over that same time span).

Finally, I don't think that there'd be anything stopping the team from registering fans for something like this starting at training camp/pre-season. SoFi reps would simply seek out Rams fans coming into the stadium and asking them if they'd like to be on such a list for "sell back" opportunities.

IDK...but I don't think that it's impossible for the team to earmark potential "sell back" tix to actual Rams fans.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question for season ticket holders ?

Headslap75158March 26, 2024 06:08PM

Re: Question for season ticket holders ?

AlbaNY_Ram53March 26, 2024 06:25PM

Address?

NewMexicoRam45March 26, 2024 06:39PM

Re: Address?

AlbaNY_Ram48March 26, 2024 06:44PM

correct

waterfield24March 27, 2024 07:11AM

Headslap7544March 26, 2024 06:52PM

Possible Solutions

ramBRO31March 27, 2024 06:18AM

Re: Possible Solutions

AlbaNY_Ram32March 27, 2024 06:52AM

Re: Possible Solutions

waterfield24March 27, 2024 07:17AM

Rampage2K-47March 26, 2024 09:46PM

ramithard46March 27, 2024 12:16AM