Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good video, but I don't think the conclusions were necessarily on the mark

March 26, 2024 12:43PM
IMO Stafford will probably be the Rams QB until he's 40. He looked like a kid bouncing around out there last year. And, he's playing for McVay. Rams will not draft a QB (although they may pick one up UDFA). JG provides the Rams with good back up.... a seasoned guy that not lose a game for you.

I can't imagine the Rams drafting a LOT in the 1st round. Too many other needs. They have a pretty good one in Jackson, and a very good ROT.
Further, I think LOT is a bit overrated. Good is good enough. And the Rams have good. The key to the modern game is the IOL, and the Rams have potentially a top 3 or 4 IOL.

The way the Rams are being constructed is to spend the most money on O. Therefore, the only way to build the D is with cheap draft picks. The Rams have sufficient weapons on the O, but they need to figure out life without AD and I believe that starts with outside pass rush. I see Turner as taking over the AD role, which means they'll probably want another DT that is versatile and can move around. Brown has developed nicely as a NT and he is VERY young I see Hoecht playing inside quite a bit.

It make no sense to draft a potential #1 WR with a high pick. What they need is a guy with a long term potential as a #2, but offers immediate Returner benefits, which brings with it speed. Plus, with the new Kick Off rules, Returners are going to be back in vogue.

The Rams will spend almost their entire draft on the D. Except for a Kicker and likely for a WR/Returner. They will probably prioritize Edge, with DT second and CB third. I expect 3 of their first 4 picks will be Defense. If any OL is added, it will be no earlier than the 6th round. A RB will probably be in there somewhere, but no earlier than the 4th round (yes, I know they don't have a 4th but I expect Les will acquire one).

The Rams are ready to win the NFC West, with the Niners their only barrier. The idea that Arizona and Seattle are going to be contending I can't buy. The QB situation is not good in either place even though some continue to think that Murray is a real good QB. I don't. He's not a good leader, and his game is predicated on his ability to run, and his new reluctance to run is evident. And if he continues to try, he won't survive. Seattle has journeyman level QBing.

A good FG kicker and the Rams would have beat both Detroit and B-More. They are closer to Superbowl material than anyone knew. So, although we can't minimize the loss of AD, I think the Rams are going to score a lot of points on O this coming year, and won't be depending on the D to be much more than adequate. We also shouldn't minimize the additions of Curl and Williams in the Secondary. These are two top level Secondary players. And, my suspicion is that either Witherspoon or some other pretty inexpensive outside CB vet will be added prior to the draft.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

VID: The Los Angeles Rams Are In A Very Interesting Situation

Ramsdude269March 26, 2024 10:59AM

Thanks for posting My Friend that was Kool !

BerendsenRam72March 26, 2024 11:23AM

Re: Thanks for posting My Friend that was Kool !

Ramsdude67March 26, 2024 11:29AM

Good video, but I don't think the conclusions were necessarily on the mark

RockRam75March 26, 2024 12:43PM

pretty much agree

JimYoungblood5351March 26, 2024 12:56PM

I hope the Rams priority on O results in better RZ play

NewMexicoRam46March 26, 2024 01:21PM

Yep. Agree totally. (nm)

RockRam39March 26, 2024 01:48PM

Getting a ILB to partner with E. Jones may be a priority somewhere in the Draft

ramzilla28March 26, 2024 03:32PM