Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Blinkscout single player discussion ... Chop Robinson

March 26, 2024 12:34PM
alyoshamucci
I have a lot of questions here, and since it looks like it's down to 5 or so players for the first round, I wanted to ask for more info on the one I know the least about.

To anyone who is familiar with my reports but not my "style" of scouting, it's in the name. The book "Blink" was all about taking initial reactions ... like through intuition and rapid cognition ... and extrapolating and analyzing from that point ...

With all the players I like, I've seen something that says "This guy will play high caliber football on Sundays." It also means that there are plenty of players that can play high caliber football, that I haven't had that moment with.

Chop Robinson is one of them. One solid rush comes to mind where he overwhelmed a couple blockers, but I don't have a consistent play by play to go to in my head like I do with the others. I watch close games, and Penn State didn't have many, so I only saw them a bit. What stuck out was Abdul Carter ... who is next year's Micah Parsons ... and Singleton on offense. (I liked the TE that stayed also)

So ... for those who have sen more tape ... what am I missing? How's his motor?

For those that know the program ... is he a high character kid ... hard worker?

Was there steady improvement (he's a one year starter I think? So I don't have years on him like I do many players)?

I ask this, because I, as of right now, feel about him the way I felt about Oweh coming out. Oweh also killed the combine coming out of PSU, similar raw-ness and lack of production ...
And he has not had more than 5 sacks in a year with the RAVENS. Hoecht had more.

So ... considering that he is in play ... I want to know as much as I can.

Also ... do we believe that Shula can coach him up? How well did he do with Byron Young?

I think he's a projection player. Where teams look at his raw tools and the splash plays and think "can we get him to do that more often." Personally I don't have a strong feel on the guy, other than a vague sense of concern that we'll take him and get mediocre return.

My preference is for players who actually get it done, and I don't care if they're not the greatest athletes. Let's say for example you're at 19 and have a choice between Latu & Chop. Do you roll the dice on a guy with a neck, or roll the dice on a guy who has more projection for that draft spot. For me it's an easy decision. But I certainly recognize there's room for Chop to go on with another team and make you sorry you passed on him.

Players like that really all there is to do is hope the Rams got it right. But I don't think you're missing anything. He's a confusing prospect in that way.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout single player discussion ... Chop Robinson

alyoshamucci357March 26, 2024 08:27AM

Path To The Draft: Chop Robinson

Rams Junkie111March 26, 2024 10:08AM

Thanks for posting Brother !

BerendsenRam77March 26, 2024 10:10AM

How in the world do you cover that Costco bill w/ 4 sons Brother?

Rams Junkie77March 26, 2024 10:30AM

leafnose87March 26, 2024 10:14AM

2024 NFL Draft Highlights: DE Chop Robinson | Penn State Football

Rams Junkie68March 26, 2024 10:16AM

At 20 seconds -- good slap/rip combo

JimYoungblood5352March 26, 2024 11:06AM

NFL.com Draft profile on the "ultra-twitchy with the explosiveness to..." Chop Robinson

Rams Junkie62March 26, 2024 10:23AM

nantucketramfan61March 26, 2024 10:28AM

Daniel Jeremiah has Chop Robinson at 23 in his top 50 3.0 "comfortable in space"

Rams Junkie65March 26, 2024 10:28AM

What is he? A DE or OLBer

JimYoungblood5355March 26, 2024 11:11AM

azramfan51March 26, 2024 11:43AM

Chop reminds me of Mike mamula

OhioRamsFan46March 26, 2024 12:06PM

Maybe in the numbers, but have to disagree a little

JimYoungblood5347March 26, 2024 12:41PM

Re: Maybe in the numbers, but have to disagree a little

OhioRamsFan40March 26, 2024 01:31PM

A little like Chris Long