Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What current NFL rule should not changed or eliminated?

March 25, 2024 03:54PM
Let me answer the question without reading the article: What current NFL rule should not be changed?

The answer is most of them. The problem is less with the rules than with selective, confusing, corrupted and biased enforcement of them.

Unneccessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct have been on the books for the better part of a century. Start there. Holy moly, Batman - it'd slow the game down to enforce them?

Not For Long. The players and coaches would get the message - fast. Coaches like Belichick and Shanahan coach their players to bend the rules they can't deviously break.

No reason why the DAF dirtbag who attempted a hip-drop tackle on Geno Smith couldn't have pulled an unsportsmanlike and an unnecessary roughness on the same play and been ejected. No reason for the DAF dirtbag Joseph couldn't have drawn the same for his hit on Higbee. And given his belligerent disdain when being called out by Stafford, followed by his "I'm the victim here - I'm doing what I was taught to do," and "I'm gonna keep doing it," and "I ain't no dirty player" theatrics afterward... don't try to tell me he doesn't know.

He knows, and is being allowed to get away with it.

And that's a problem that can't be fixed with more rules that will only be selectively enforced, if at all.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What current NFL rule should not changed or eliminated?

BerendsenRam59March 25, 2024 12:57PM

Re: What current NFL rule should not changed or eliminated?

mtramfan29March 25, 2024 03:54PM