Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Les Snead makes important statement on future of Ernest Jones with Rams

March 26, 2024 06:53AM
The notion the Rams will invest in the linebacker room has tremendous merit to me. Playing behind AD allowed Jones opportunities to scrape off Donald in both run and pass sets. His role in the defense will necessarily change this season and it's hard to predict how well he may adjust.

Today's NFL demands more emphasis on safety types that can perform primarily in the passing game while still being able to tackle. While Jones is capable of defending the run and pass and diagnoses offenses well, he is neither a true Bobby Wagner like run thumper nor a great ballhawk against tight ends. He does pass rush well, probably his best asset. His leadership is off the charts and I hope he cements his value going forward.

If Curl earns the green dot, it will indicate to me a significant change in the defense, one that I welcome. Staley's emphasis on making the offense play small ball worked as long as someone made them pay with a splash or the offense short circuited themselves. The problem is, when they play a team that can run it down your throat (how the Chargers became vulnerable), this strategy falls apart. How the Rams built their interior offensive line needs to be mirrored on defense. I would prioritize an enforcer at MLB for two downs and go with safeties in the middle on third and long.

But that's just me.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Les Snead makes important statement on future of Ernest Jones with Rams

BerendsenRam281March 25, 2024 10:41AM

Rams don't plan to sign Ernest Jones to extension before 2024 season

BerendsenRam77March 25, 2024 10:58AM

I think a few weeks ago it was said they were talking about it?

BerendsenRam52March 25, 2024 06:46PM

Re: Les Snead makes important statement on future of Ernest Jones with Rams

Leoram67March 26, 2024 06:53AM

Very well said Brother !

BerendsenRam26March 26, 2024 01:09PM