Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I posted on this yesterday......

March 23, 2024 08:30AM
IMO talking about spending can lead to mistaken ideas. Yes they are spending more on O than D, but that in no way means that the D is that far behind, or much worse relative to the O. They are cheaper on D because they are hitting on draft picks on the D that are in key positions. Turner, Young, Lake, Durant, Jones, Brown.....they are all on rookie contracts but are really playing at if not a high rate (Turner,Lake,Jones) to better than expected maybe (Young) to having major playing time (Durant,Kendrick). Actually those picks and their salaries are the reason they can go with this O spending.

That to me is a major win, add to that group this season with an Edge, another DT, maybe a CB and or ILB....and if they hit on 3 of 4 they have a defense that is very talented but at minimal dollars.....that IMO is what allows the team to go with their cap money on the 0.

I don't think it's right to just look at the cash flow and see where it's being spent and equate that to the offense is way ahead of the defense, and they need to spend on the D to gain up to the O. If they can hit again with a Edge guy and either a CB, DT or ILB in any level their D can be a very good D despite losing AD.....IMO the D may very well be a happy surprise to many who think our D was solely about AD......There was great talent on that D last year, AD was the centerpiece for sure, but those young guys didn't just sit on their a$$es either.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Team is spending plenty on offense, not so much on defense

BerendsenRam82March 23, 2024 07:27AM

I posted on this yesterday......

roman1868March 23, 2024 08:30AM

Re: I posted on this yesterday......

JimYoungblood5342March 23, 2024 11:19PM