Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Jason Kelce: Aaron Donald is the best defender of the decade and it's not close

March 22, 2024 04:59AM
Jason Kelce
"We double-teamed him and triple-teamed him every single game, all right?” Kelce said. “He is the only defensive tackle we have ever gone up against where the entire game plan is situated on not having him ruin the game. The only one. I don’t care if it was a five-down front. I don’t care if there’s a blitz happening over there. We are double-teaming Aaron Donald. that’s the way we played him. there was not another player that was treated in that right. Not a defensive end. Not a defensive tackle.”

To those who insist that Lawrence Taylor was the best defensive player ever, even as a defensive end, he did not get that kind of attention. Heck, the Rams played him straight up with Irv Pankey when they played the Giants, rarely if ever double-teaming him, and they were able to control him for most of a game. Yeah, Taylor made a few plays, but again, that was against a single blocker. I've never seen a single lineman hold a block on Aaron Donald, ever. Unfortunately, we rarely got to see that because most teams double teamed him all game long.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jason Kelce: Aaron Donald is the best defender of the decade and it's not close

BerendsenRam199March 21, 2024 11:51AM

Jason Kelce is a very smart man!

Ramsdude55March 21, 2024 01:35PM

Interesting Read/Watch

ramBRO63March 21, 2024 01:38PM

Wow, what a great compliment!

Coy Bacon64March 21, 2024 04:27PM

Yep it sure was a great deserving compliment!

BerendsenRam25March 22, 2024 07:14AM

Re: Jason Kelce: Aaron Donald is the best defender of the decade and it's not close

JYB35March 22, 2024 04:59AM