Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I agree with every one of these.

March 21, 2024 11:24AM
Sure, it's a projection.
But, once again, it seems like what the player did, the system he did it in, and his play history and its trajectory get forgotten and a team laser focuses on a guy and won't look at him pragmatically. Often times it seems like high performers like Curl and Williams get overlooked because they aren't household names or they don't exactly fit and NFL profile or they weren't high draft picks. Or, they're on bad teams and so the player takes on the odor of the team instead of being looked at individually.

The reasons why these are 5 bad signings are completely legit. I'd add another: Ridley. They are paying him like a top flight #1 WR and I don't think he is. I think he's a good #2 that NEEDS to play with a better #1 in order for him to do well.

Signing FAs can be, I think, far less a crap shoot than drafting college kids who've never played in the NFL. But... you have to have eyes wide open and take everything into account even with a FA.

The Rams KNOW the guys they signed well, KNOW they fit the system or fit a certain role they have in mind, and clearly did their due diligence. The odds of failure of any them are small, though not impossible. Any derailment is far more likely to be injury rather than performance related.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The 5 Worst Free Agent Signings of 2024

BerendsenRam282March 21, 2024 09:50AM

I agree with every one of these.

RockRam64March 21, 2024 11:24AM