Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams seem to be pursuing a different strategy than suggested here…

March 17, 2024 06:10AM
Rams43
Why do I say that?

Well, Rams knew about AD’s pending retirement and still refused to jump on expensive stud edge players in FA.

That is very telling and can only mean that they prefer a different strategy. I think it’s the draft for low cost and long term solution.

To pursue that strategy they must be convinced that one of the stud Edge players will be there at 19 OR they intend to make a small trade up to ensure that they get one that they particularly like.

Might seem a bit risky and make Ram fans a bit nervous until Day 1, but after the success of that 2023 draft I can understand why they may have made this decision. I might add that they have a great confidence in their respective assistant coaches to teach and quickly develop these new rookies.

I think Rams are counting on hitting on their top 4 picks again to bolster Edge, CB, DT, and WR. Fingers crossed.

I see it the same way as you, 43.
A trade up in the first round would not surprise me at all. I too see one of the edge players high on their list.
If we trade up I would try it with a 2025 pick. If we could get Latu and Sweat for our DL and edge with our first two picks we still could pick cb and Wr with our next two picks in the third round. Eventually sign one of the remaining edges or DEs to a one year prove it contract. Maybe Clowney or Young. That would set us up pretty good even without AD.
And imagine if AD decides to come back during the upcoming season......How about a line consisting of AD, Turner, Sweat plus Latu, Young and Young on the edges.
hey, we can dream, cant we ?

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

With no Aaron Donald, Rams must make a move for defensive star

BerendsenRam336March 16, 2024 10:25AM

Right premise wrong player

RamsDynasty123March 16, 2024 01:21PM

Amen (nm)

qwords50March 16, 2024 02:48PM

Draft cant get here soon enough now Folks !

BerendsenRam58March 16, 2024 03:56PM

Rams seem to be pursuing a different strategy than suggested here…

Rams4353March 17, 2024 06:01AM

Re: Rams seem to be pursuing a different strategy than suggested here…

dodgerram42March 17, 2024 06:10AM