Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams have targeted holes and have been filling them with quality FA’s…

March 15, 2024 02:48AM
No edge, unfortunately, but I think Ram fans are pleased with these incoming quality players:

Backup RB. Rivers is solid and another RB will surely be drafted to keep the pipeline full.
3rd WR. Demarcus Robinson was a quality signing and at a great price. Stafford loves him and he should have a productive year, indeed.
RG. Dotson was on everybody’s wish list. Elite player at a fair price.
LG. Jackson was a pleasant surprise. A semi-elite player that will be part of a terrific Ram IOL trio. A fair priced signing, too.
TE. I’m warming up to this Parkinson kid. The more I learn, the more I like. Caley sounded ecstatic. Could be a sleeper signing when all is said and done. Sounds like TE hole has been addressed.
Edge. Hoecht is a band-aid, imo. This is the one signing that I don’t consider a quality one. But he is insurance and should have value on ST, I guess.
CB. Darious Williams has been described as best NFL value signing FA of the offseason so far. Fills one of Rams screaming needs on D.
S. This Curl kid sure sounds like a steal. Young, effective, and very reasonably priced. Another screaming need addressed.

With the exception of Hoecht, the common theme on the above incoming players is quality with proven NFL results. And no head cases.

All in all, I think most of us are very pleased with the additions of the above signings.

Now, about that elephant in the room? Jourdan has indicated that Rams are reluctant to re-structure Stafford at this point. So I guess that they will sign some 3rd tier edge late in FA to compete with Hoecht and are gambling that a quality edge will be there at #19. Not ideal, but it is a reasonable expectation.

Rams have 4 picks among the top 99 and I think they intend to finish off this roster in at least 3 positions with their earliest picks. BTW, never rule out a trade down with Snead if a juicy one becomes available.

My prediction for positions to be picked in some order are these:

Edge. Gotta be with our 1st pick, right?
CB
WR

This draft is well stocked at those 3 positions of Rams need. Almost like Snead was planning this all along, huh?

This should fill the last crushing needs on this roster, don’t you think?

By pick #99 and beyond I think Snead will be on a free roll and simply grabbing BPA’s that he and his scouts have identified. I think Snead will try to trade up and back into the 4th round using some of his later picks if he can.

If they do half as well in this draft as they did in 2023 draft we will all be ecstatic.

Thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2024 02:52AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams have targeted holes and have been filling them with quality FA’s…

Rams43294March 15, 2024 02:48AM

Re: Rams have targeted holes and have been filling them with quality FA’s…

Old Goat86March 15, 2024 03:01AM

Rams4375March 15, 2024 03:14AM

RockRam66March 15, 2024 04:14AM

Speed_Kills70March 15, 2024 04:32AM

dodgerram65March 15, 2024 04:39AM

Noteboom and AD restructure

Speed_Kills85March 15, 2024 04:52AM

Re: Noteboom and AD restructure

dodgerram69March 15, 2024 05:00AM

dodger for GM! :-) nm

Speed_Kills34March 15, 2024 05:10AM

303059March 15, 2024 04:48AM

Rams4364March 15, 2024 05:11AM

dodgerram47March 15, 2024 05:17AM

303030March 15, 2024 06:26AM

Rams4337March 15, 2024 06:38AM

IOL situation is very interesting to me...

SunTzu_vs_Camus31March 15, 2024 09:04AM