Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about possible Stafford restructure

March 14, 2024 06:41AM
I remember talks last year about the Rams wanting to restructure Matthew's deal but Stafford declined. I got the feeling that the Rams were wanting something that would mean less money for Matt and he wasn't having it. However after this past season I am wondering if the Rams would be open to extending Matt's deal a couple more years of security, and added cap flexibility for the team. Since the Rams are setting everything up for this three year window couldn't they restructure and extend Matt and AD to culminate after three years? I just watched Mahomes just magically clear 20 million off the Chiefs cap by restructuring his deal and while I realize Patty's contract is longer so he has more runway couldn't the Rams do the same with a Stafford or AD contract not costing them a penny just converting? So if Snead was able to talk the Jags or Eagles into giving us the edge we covet; we can easily get them under the cap while also bringing in cheaper fa's like Wentz, Gilmore/Whitherspoon, Johnson III, a PK and a KR?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question about possible Stafford restructure

RamsDynasty205March 14, 2024 06:41AM

Re: Question about possible Stafford restructure

AlbaNY_Ram94March 14, 2024 07:34AM

Thanks

Stafford959March 14, 2024 07:51AM

I don't think so

AlbaNY_Ram50March 14, 2024 10:22AM