Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Most hostile crowd the Rams have ever faced?

March 07, 2024 05:29AM
This is a fascinating question!

Based on the answers i have read, and my personal experience, this is very situational.

In my opinion, it is based on multiple factors:

1. Seat location- When I have been in the nose bleeds, where typically the core fans sit, there is a greater potential for issues. When I have had really good seats, less cause for concern.

2. History- Just from the jump, as a Rams fan, there is greater potential for issues when playing the Niners or a rival team. Conversely, when playing a team like the Colts, unless going back multiple decades, there is little history, and less opportunity for potential issues.

3. Attitude- I think this plays a part. You know some people are looking to cause issues and as a visiting fan I have always tried to be respectful. That said, I am always prepared for interactions, comebacks, etc...

Great situations (for visiting fan):

-Went to the Rams game in 21 against the Colts and had great seats. Not one person uttered a word to me. In fact, it was so respectful it seems a bit odd.

-Been to Arizona a few times. No issues. Good environment.

-Been to about half a dozen games in Minnesota, including the day after Christmas in 21 and the Viking fans are always respectful.

-Been once to Lambeau. No issues. Respectful and proud fans.

Mixed bag:

-Been to three games in San Francisco. 2 wins, In most instances, it was fine. A little ribbing, as expected, but nothing out of the ordinary. The loss was not good. However, this was based on a group of four guys who were total A holes.

- Dallas. I have been to about half a dozen games here. The first game and by far the best game was in 1992, the Cowboys first Super Bowl, where the Rams played great and won! No lie, my buddy and I had at least a dozen people congratulate us and tell us we deserved to win. Maybe they knew they were Super Bowl bound!

However, in recent years it has been mixed. The worst was, I believe in 2013, where the Cowboys just waxed us. I went with my wife and the worst was walking back to our vehicle where the fans were relentless and quite frankly, crossing the line.

In my opinion, if you are with your family or kids, the taunting needs to be dialed down and these guys thought they just won the Super Bowl. But thinking back, it was clearly alcohol driven.

-Kansas City. Been here three times.

First time was my first NFL game in 1985 with the Rams winning 16-0.

Second time, in yellow throwback jerseys, the Rams won by a familiar score, 16-0. First, and only time, Joe Montana was shut out as a starter!

Third time, in 2000, the Chiefs got out early, Warner broke his thumb, and the Rams lost 54-34.

I think the last time was driven off of the St. Louis rivalry and the fact that we were the defending champions.
That said, went with a buddy, a Packer fan, and they were complete jerks as well.

Ironically, my worst experience was in New Orleans in 1992.

Really bad seats, I felt like I was going to fall when standing up. Relentless jerks, with very unique accents to say the least. My buddy and I used the restroom during halftime, and a few fans were going to throw him in the toilet. Until a cop walked in and stopped it. Really not fun.

All that, there is nothing like going to road games. I have always strongly preferred them to home games.

Great topic...

GO RAMS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2024 05:34AM by sean.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Most hostile crowd the Rams have ever faced?

Ramgator214March 06, 2024 04:09PM

Saints game was insane..

sstrams57March 06, 2024 05:13PM

The Guy that could sound like a whistle

den-the-coach50March 06, 2024 05:28PM

Our Rams Won in Philly in OT in 2001 !

BerendsenRam35March 06, 2024 05:45PM

Re: Saints game was insane..

stlramz33March 06, 2024 07:20PM

stlramz32March 06, 2024 07:22PM

mtramfan30March 06, 2024 07:38PM

stlramz30March 06, 2024 08:02PM

Atlanta. Have seen the Rams there twice. NOT a fan.

Ramgator39March 07, 2024 01:53AM

Tampa, on the other hand...

Ramgator29March 07, 2024 01:57AM

'83 divisional playoffs at WASH?

LMU9322March 07, 2024 03:45AM

sean39March 07, 2024 05:29AM

LMU9338March 07, 2024 05:42AM

sean29March 07, 2024 05:48AM