Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout RB Combine Analysis

March 05, 2024 03:20PM
Overall, this is not a good class. If you play Fantasy ball ... draft WRs until late. You're much more likely to hit on a backup than a starter. Note, in every league with a rookie draft I made sure I had an extra pick NEXT year for the RB class. Take the top player in this class, and I can put at least 8 guys ahead of him coming out next year. Like so ingrained I know them off the top of my head.

So I'm looking at maybe 1-3 starters from this group. That's capacity, not "good quality" ... and Zero of these guys carry anything better than a 3rd round grade.

That said, we don't need a starter. Also, now? It's a longer season. Guys getting nicked up is more common, and we want fresh legs that can jump in and get some quality snaps without losing an edge in pass pro. For "most" of these guys, they got the memo on that and show good concentration catching ... some have natural hands.
I'd say the biggest issues are lateral agility and ground contact.

Also, my coverage was missing at least 2-3 drills. Anyone see the Duce Staley drill? How about the short RB gauntlet?

Another note based on perception ... Ray Davis and Cody Schrader are 210 and 204 respectively at 5-8. Jase McClellan and Marshawn Lloyd are 220 at the same height. Eyes need to be adjusted there IMO.

Audric Estime Notre Dame 388 94.2 I wanted him to run slow .. he did. He showed great burst numbers. I have him targeted if we trade down and nab a 4th rounder or extra 3rd. I feel like that's over drafting him, BUT ... he and Kyren were teammates and the blocking was the same. He would make a solid backup.

Blake Corum Michigan 471 84.4 He has a legit chance at starting, but his best work is finishing games because of his work ethic and toughness. His long speed is better than his burst quickness. His 3 cone and short shuttle set him apart. He's likely my best in class.

Braelon Allen Wisconsin 488 74.9 This is a young player who played a lot of snaps. 6-1 235. No 40, but he's not a burner so it's not that important. I thought he looked smooth catching the ball ... wasn't expecting that.

Bucky Irving Oregon 591 88.2 I'm a fan of his weak testing because Im a huge fan of his tape. He and Kyren are really similar. Angry runners that fool tacklers and find a way to create chunk plays and get into the end zone.

Cody Schrader Missouri 734 83.6 Another of my favorite underdogs. Do not bet against this man. He's smaller than I thought ... and that matters here. But in the 6th round Im looking to take him.

Daijun Edwards Georgia 427 79.9 His numbers actually needed to be better. He wasn't a good enough runner behind that O line to have me ignore that.

Dillon Johnson Washington 592 88.3 Glad he ran slow. I want a 6th round RB. He is a beast ... can operate in the passing game ... Washington's offense was not okay without him.

Dylan Laube New Hampshire 618 81.6 Pass catcher that likes the gym (23 reps) ... short shuttle and 3 cone were tops ... he'll find a home.

Emani Bailey TCU 615 84.7 I expected better burst and times from him ... not sure about him now.

Frank Gore Jr. Southern Mississippi 590 88.0 5-8 201 and didn't time. So .. this is fine with me. He was never going to be drafted early. His tape speaks volumes. Again, want to note that he's the same size as Cody Schrader.

George Holani Boise State 330 86.6 Another of my top sleepers. He could go undrafted and I would have a 4th round grade on him at the latest. 10-7 broad 39 vert ... decent 3 cone and short shuttle.

Isaac Guerendo Louisville 341 89.2 I knew he'd fly. He and Benson both had breakaway runs during the year where they torched DBs. Can't fake that. I probably have him as a 4th rounder but he could slide to us pretty easily in the 5th unless someone is in love. His tape is good, not great.

Isaiah Davis South Dakota State 547 94.8 23 reps. 35 vert ... 220 lbs. He's a power back. He'll be around late and I'm watching. Drills were decent, seemed to have soft hands but not the best eyes.

Jaden Shirden Monmouth 507 81.0 He's too small for me.

Jase McClellan Alabama 437 80.3 20 reps. 5-10 221. I feel like he's been seen as a smaller pass catching back and that's not what he is. He can catch and pass protect ... but he's a bursty fella. I like him 5th or 6th.

Jawhar Jordan Louisville 439 87.9 This is my "I'm oddly not a fan" guy.

Jaylen Wright Tennessee 325 91.0 So, this is frustration bait. Dude tested out the roof. I just have not seen a single run from him where I was impressed. But have no doubt, I could be wrong, and if nothing else, he can return kicks.

Jonathon Brooks Texas 450 91.5 I comp'd him to Jamaal Charles, and I think I may have over stated that ... he's a little light on his frame, and he's coming off an ACL, but he "looked" like the best runner this year and might have been best in class if he'd been healthy.

Keilan Robinson Texas 65 85.8 See Keaton Mitchell. Can catch and return kicks. Fast and bursty.

Kendall Milton Georgia 264 87.0 18 resps. 10-4 broad. 36 vert. Note ... 1.51 split. Tied for best .. just no long speed. This is an interesting player for me and I can't drop him to later rounds ... nor can I put him in the top tiers. That said, Georgia backs play half the time, so half the tread. He was also smooth in drills.

Kimani Vidal Troy 701 92.4 I keep trying to find reasons to ding him, and I can't. 5-8 213, so he's thick. 7.0 3 cone, so he's agile. 4.1 short shuttle, so he can change direction. 37 vert. ??? Smooth pass catcher. Check the PFF grade again. I think I have to move him into the back side of the upper set. If you're in fantasy leagues, target him late.

MarShawn Lloyd USC 398 81.7 I'm going to note that one question mark was pass catching, and since the Senior Bowl he has shown maybe to be the top 5 hands in class. 25 reps. 5-9 220 36 vert 4.46. He's likely #2 or 3 in this class. If he went in the second I wouldn't be shocked.

Michael Wiley Arizona 262 81.2 This is a pass game player. 4.51 40 is good enough for that. I like him late or UDFA.

Miyan Williams Ohio State 107 66.7 DNP. He needed to IMO. He's always been rushing in great offenses alongside "better" backs, so I have no idea who he is on his own. Probably a good back but how does he get drafted?

Rasheen Ali Marshall 606 75.2 Injured, torn bicep at Senior Bowl. But ... really great feet, ground contact, and burst. Do you draft him? I think he likely goes late to someone who likes his burst, because his legs are fine.

Ray Davis Kentucky 574 87.9 Was itching to see his numbers and drills. He is NOT good picking up his feet in the hole. Made a mess of the bags (A few did, but his was bad) 4.51 is okay. 35 vert is solid. But to note, he's 10 lbs short of Marshawn Lloyd. That comp needs to be made.

Trey Benson Florida State 413 84.2 Like I said earlier, I knew he was fast. 4.39 is about what I figured even though he's 6-0 216. However, I don't know what his deal is. Vision? Blocking? Inconsistency is the reason he's not best in class. Usually that's mental. So, Corum keeps the title. But someone will overdraft his speed. And they may be able to get real value out of him.

Tyrone Tracy Purdue 347 87.5 Knew he had hands as an ex WR, but did not know he was 10-4 bursty at 210 lbs. I don't think he's a natural RB, but if you're using him sparingly he might really do some damage for you.

Will Shipley Clemson 522 73.2 DNP ... and I don't care at all. I've liked him for years. He's a pro, can do everything, and is a hard worker and team player. Any RB room would be glad to have him, and it's not that I don't believe he'd test well, I've just seen three years of tape and figure he's a 4.50 guy with a 35 vert ... who can really stress defenses. He hasn't been fully healthy so medical is a thing ... but he's a good football player.

Questions and comments welcome ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout RB Combine Analysis

alyoshamucci475March 05, 2024 03:20PM

Thank You Brother Very Much !

BerendsenRam65March 05, 2024 03:33PM

Good Stuff Alyo . . .

stlramz92March 05, 2024 04:00PM

Re: Good Stuff Alyo . . .

alyoshamucci64March 06, 2024 05:34AM

Re: Good Stuff Alyo . . .

stlramz39March 06, 2024 10:10AM