Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Not 100% sure what you are driving at

February 16, 2024 08:20AM
since68
Look at any Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford highlights and you will immediately see the difference in feet “chopping” and sliding around in the pocket in order to create space and the ability to step toward their target. These guys go from first to second to third option extremely quickly and accurately because of their minds/grasp of defenses, but just as importantly because of their ability to move their feet/slide around in the pocket and redirect toward their target.

(1st x.com) He moves his feet toward his first read which is Ayuik in the middle deep then he comes off Ayuik to his second read. The problem is he still has feet/body/momentum aligned to throw to Ayuik and he has advanced too close to the dlineman anticipating making that throw. He does not redirect himself/his feet toward the second receiver causing the uncatchable throw.

Right----agree. And that, according to the analysis was not usual Purdy. It was the "heel click" that was bad ... and that was the thing I though you liked -- the chopping ... and but now I understand you see that in this case as a bad thing

(2nd x.com) He moves his feet well and more importantly slides left in the pocket to avoid pressure and give himself space to make the throw. This was his best throw of the game I thought and was set up because he used his feet properly. If he would have done this (slid left 3 or 4 feet) on the throw to wide open Deebo in the end zone it would have been a TD. The good ones slide/create space and make that throw.

Still, it was criticized --- he did the same thing there as in the first, but he got away with it according to the commentator. It was not his usually base and rhythm -- it was better but not ideal

(3rd x.com) He does not move feet well and “drifts” left in the pocket eyeing his first read near the left sideline? He comes off the first read as he sees Ayuik breaking free in the end zone, but because he hasn’t been “chopping” his feet/staying “balanced”, his momentum is still going toward receiver #1 and he is unable to redirect his feet/momentum in Ayuik’s direction. This plus his long unorthodox arm action on this play cause the over throw. This should have been a TD. The good ones “chop” / redirect their feet and make this throw.

Again, I think it's not good, the commentator mentioned the base going from good to bad ... all these are ones I picked because when he chops it's bad. FOr him, his base is defined by being in good throwing position at all times. I think in these examples he was not good, and it caused problems

Now, if you have time watch this one ..

I think what you will see is someone who is a work-in-progress who is pretty far along for his 2nd year. he will never have the physical skill of Manning or Rodgers Stafford or Brady, he does not have their arm.

But if you look at Brees in year 2 or Rodgers year 2 or Stafford year 2 -- Purdy is arguably more skilled in terms of things you are talking about than they were at the same point in their career.

In 4-5-6 years --- them would be a good time to make comparisons to those guys ... a couple of those guys were not even playing and a couple were not all that good, Brady won a Super Bowl ... Purdy was a play away from winning one ... took it to OT ... so it's not like he's awful

As to your point I think he's not a jittery type .. .watch the QB school stuff --- they hold no punches, they talk about the good games a and bad games I found maybe 12-15 30-60 minute videos on Purdy, I only watched a few

There are some great things Purdy doesn and some things he's still struggling ... but as I sai he will never rip passes like Rodgers or Stafford ... he does not have the gun
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

QB coaches please respond & those that are not

since68320February 14, 2024 08:21PM

Not 100% sure what you are driving at

JimYoungblood5396February 15, 2024 10:01AM

since6869February 15, 2024 10:18PM

JimYoungblood5349February 16, 2024 08:20AM

I don't agree with almost all of this

LesBaker76February 16, 2024 02:49PM

Well, I think he's very good....