Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Andy Reid has me thinking (coaching hires)

February 12, 2024 06:52AM
Since the season is over I started thinking about how our Rams can match up against the reigning Champs the Chiefs. The I realized the Spagnola problem. McVay's coaching tree/coordinators are known to be the youngest, best and brightest. This is good but it has a problem of those young best and brightest coaches are often poached. Andy Reid has Spags as his DC, a brilliant mind that has seen and done everything on that side of the ball. He also isn't going anywhere. When doing the tell of the Tape, the Chiefs outclass us (slightly but I like our chances) at HC and QB. However and I know the kid (Shula) hasn't had a chance to do anything yet but I don't like the idea of Shula vs Spags. I would much rather have Raheem in that case. Instead of what's new and what's next would McVay be better served with a great defensive mind that has seen it all but is so "experienced" he isn't likely to be stolen the following year? Hindsight being 20/20 and I know he wasn't really available at the time but would McVay have been better served going to hire Fangio himself instead of young Fangio acolyte Brandon Staley. Experienced DC's might not be as open to what's new and what's next but they also have experienced everything. BTW the Chiefs corners are vastly superior to ours too. To be honest the Shula hire left me feeling meh initially and watching what Spags did to the Niners highlighted the importance of a genius on both sides of the ball, as well as paying attention to your Special teams.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Andy Reid has me thinking (coaching hires)

RamsDynasty234February 12, 2024 06:52AM

Re: Andy Reid has me thinking (coaching hires)

Rams4376February 12, 2024 07:38AM

Ramsdude28February 12, 2024 01:47PM

Old Goat72February 12, 2024 08:06AM

RamsDynasty36February 12, 2024 01:39PM