Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: We'll see. But I think the Commanders are a tough fix

February 01, 2024 08:33AM
RockRam
The problem won't be with Quinn.
The problem will be with a corporate/committee ownership that will inevitably be run by bean counters. Anytime you have such a structure, it has nothing to do with the love of the game it has to do with an investment, ROI, and operating profits.

I'll bet Quinn will be handed a somewhat lower end budget for assistants. And, it will also affect how FA and other play deals can be structured because they will want to limit up front money and guaranteed money.

Maybe I'll be wrong. But when it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.

Like you said...we'll have to see.

But I don't necessarily buy into your thoughts that, if there's a problem, it will be due to "a corporate/committee ownership that will inevitably by run by bean counters" who will hamstring Quinn by giving him "lower end budget for assistants."

Here in LA, the Dodgers are owned by such a corporate/committee ownership (Guggenheim - of which Magic Johnson is a partner as he is with the new group in Washington). All Guggenheim has done is recognize the gold mine that they have here in the LA market and invested in it - heavily. Yes, securing Shohei Ohtani may seem like a typical FA splash, but they've also invested heavily in the life-blood of any baseball organization - its farm system.

Now contrast that with the Dallas Cowboys. NO ONE questions Jerry Jones's love of football, the NFL, and his team. There's not a dollar he won't spend anywhere to make it successful...except, that is, to pay someone else to run the team more effectively.

Regardless of ownership structure or coaching resources, though, I believe that the ultimate fate of most professional HC's lie in the abilities of their QB. And Washington will have the opportunity to select one of the top-two consensus players at that position this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2024 08:35AM by ramBRO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Dan Quinn new Commanders coach. NM

CROMWELL21148February 01, 2024 06:11AM

Good Move For Quinn

ramBRO69February 01, 2024 07:05AM

Re: Dan Quinn new Commanders coach. NM

Stafford943February 01, 2024 07:17AM

We'll see. But I think the Commanders are a tough fix

RockRam51February 01, 2024 07:18AM

Re: We'll see. But I think the Commanders are a tough fix

ramBRO36February 01, 2024 08:33AM