Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ryan Clark Reverses Stance on Brock Purdy . . .

January 30, 2024 04:41AM
I actually like Clark, though I think he jumped to common conclusions many make but don't always say. Admit it, the expectation was Jimmy Garappolo like management of the team. JG had an excellent record but nobody thought of him as elite. The perception would be difficult to break if one didn't study this in depth.

Frankly, I see Purdy in the Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, almost Joe Burrow level of play that with the right team nets you Pro Bowl awards. This means I think he's an excellent QB already in his second year. That's damned high praise.

What he isn't yet is the Matt Stafford, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen level with uncommon creativity in how they run their offenses and arm talent to execute their passing game.

I'm not going to include the dual threat running QB's in this discussion because Brock is a pocket QB with more coordination than Jared Goff or Steve Bartkowski, but far less than any defense will gameplan to thwart like Jalen Hurts, Steve Young, or Lamar Jackson. If we consider players like Johnny U, Tom Brady, Warren Moon, Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, and Matthew Stafford, you know the position doesn't require that threat to win multiple championships.

So....he's a Purdy good QB and Ryan Clark wasn't as off as he sounded. He just didn't go far enough IMO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ryan Clark Reverses Stance on Brock Purdy . . .

Classicalwit179January 30, 2024 02:51AM

Leoram63January 30, 2024 04:41AM

Old Goat55January 30, 2024 05:20AM

The first time I saw a 49ers game highlight reel with him at QB

LesBaker90January 30, 2024 05:39AM

Re: The first time I saw a 49ers game highlight reel with him at QB

Classicalwit41January 30, 2024 09:54AM