Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It would be fine but there is a lot to unpack tehre

January 26, 2024 01:35PM
RockRam
Not that I'm advocating for it, but Brandon Staley was awfully darn good when he was the Rams DC.

Just because he failed as an HC hardly means he doesn't remain a good DC. The two jobs are apples and oranges. You see it all the time. Guys get promoted out of jobs they do great into jobs they don't so well at.

It wouldn't shock me if he came back.

True, being a HC and DC are different, but he also called the defense and it was among the worst. All his fault? No.
We need to ask what happened in 2020. Was he a smart coach who had a scheme that was not yet figured out? Ahead of the curve? Then as a HC teams caught up with the Fangio scheme to some degree?

Maybe he was not some genius but just a good, smart coach who had a scheme advantage that no longer existed in the NFL in 2021-22-23.

I would be fine with him coming back. He didn't lose his smarts but it's also likely just a good coach who had a great year and then came back to more of a level place --- not as great as he was with Rams and not the bum some say he was with Chargers.

They should and probably are seriously considering it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will Rams re-visit the past for a new defensive coordinator?

BerendsenRam153January 26, 2024 11:46AM

There's something to be said for Staley.

RockRam82January 26, 2024 11:52AM

Re: There's something to be said for Staley.

BerendsenRam55January 26, 2024 12:35PM

Re: There's something to be said for Staley.

Crazylegs61January 26, 2024 01:02PM

It would be fine but there is a lot to unpack tehre

JimYoungblood5370January 26, 2024 01:35PM

Rams had their best defense in decades under Staley...

Rampage2K-82January 26, 2024 12:39PM