Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

He seems to have a strong handle with the safeties

January 26, 2024 11:33AM
I recall being surprised that year we added him when Snead drafted two safeties, and the pairing we had that season was the best it's been in many years. They were extremely disciplined. Wasn't until the playoffs that Staley finally got worked over vs GB.

Looking at this upcoming offseason the safety position needs to be sorted, so that feels like a potential advantage with him. So I'm good with his addition but not hellbent on it or anything. It is unlikely even with a defensive draft and overall offseason tlc that the defense has enough in 2024 to put up a season like Staley's one year with us. Different group with a ton of holes and challenges and we're simply not gonna hit on every pick or even FA addition.

I am looking forward to seeing who the hire is though. Will McVay roll the dice on an innovator, will he maybe promote from within, or will he hire another coach he knows and trusts. Raheem was the latter and it worked out very well for him. So it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bringing Back Staley has this in its favor

RamsFanSince69274January 26, 2024 08:21AM

Re: Bringing Back Staley has this in its favor

Ohiorams86January 26, 2024 08:54AM

Re: Bringing Back Staley - the guy the players quit on?

mtramfan58January 26, 2024 11:51AM

Re: Bringing Back Staley has this in its favor

Rampage2K-54January 26, 2024 12:37PM

He seems to have a strong handle with the safeties

merlin72January 26, 2024 11:33AM

The guy did a terrific job as DC for the Rams

RockRam71January 26, 2024 11:53AM