Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whatever it is we may not have enough information to know

January 20, 2024 08:26AM
How do we know the coach didn't take Evans aside and tell him to get more hang time. And what if they worked on it and Evans started missing
on his kicks, more than maybe double the shanks.

Maybe an analogy is a golf swing. But you are in the middle of the golf season and you take some lessons and they tell you that you need to do this or that.
But you try and you starting hitting worse than before ... that clearly you need to change but right now you have to do the best you can. If you don't you'll never be in the money,

Maybe Evans tried, can't just year, they say "Okay, it is better for you to do it the way you've done in high school and college because your muscle memory cannot be changed but we will work on it in the offseason. We cannot have you shaking every 5 punts in practice... I'd rather you his 100 punts in a row with no shanks and we'll have to cover it".

Maybe some punters can't change midseason. Maybe a quarterback can't or if he does he starts throwing INTs in practice. So he doesn't do it in the game.

I have no idea what is happening. But that is just one scenario that came to mind. It's possible that taking a little off or going for a different drop make the situation worse.

I don't fine it plausible that if it has been a problem the coach has ignored it. It's not in his nature to do that.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

4 reasons why Rams may not fire underperforming ST coordinator Chase Blackburn…

Rams43131January 20, 2024 05:50AM

A question about Blackburn’s player development skills…

Rams4355January 20, 2024 06:01AM

Re: A question about Blackburn’s player development skills…

Ramsdude49January 20, 2024 07:46AM

I agree with both of you

NewMexicoRam33January 20, 2024 08:16AM

Whatever it is we may not have enough information to know

JimYoungblood5340January 20, 2024 08:26AM