Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A question about Blackburn’s player development skills…

January 20, 2024 07:46AM
Rams43
Just as one example of troubling results, mind you.

Blackburn had Ethan Evans since the draft all the way through the wild card game.

So, how come he never was able to coach the kid to improve hang time over distance? You would think that that would be such a basic fundamental thing, yet 9 months elapsed, 3 preseason games, 17 regular season games and a playoff game, dammit! And STILL no discernible improvement? WTF?

And that’s just one example.

Blackburn’s resume doesn’t inspire confidence, either. Sigh…

Good point on Evans 43.

I would hope the coach would be in Evan's ear 24-7 about out kicking the coverage. Wouldn't it be as simple as just telling Evans: "Hey Kid...stop kicking the d@mn ball so far and get some height on it"???

I also wonder how much Evans himself has been doing on his own to try and correct the issue? Does he not realize there is an issue at all? Surely he sees the tape each week. Surely the coaches are pointing it out and giving advice, right?

No matter what, the buck stops at the coaching IMO.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2024 08:40AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

4 reasons why Rams may not fire underperforming ST coordinator Chase Blackburn…

Rams43130January 20, 2024 05:50AM

A question about Blackburn’s player development skills…

Rams4354January 20, 2024 06:01AM

Re: A question about Blackburn’s player development skills…

Ramsdude48January 20, 2024 07:46AM

I agree with both of you

NewMexicoRam33January 20, 2024 08:16AM

Whatever it is we may not have enough information to know

JimYoungblood5339January 20, 2024 08:26AM