Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: now doubt!

January 17, 2024 08:58AM
Speed_Kills
this guy has produced big time for us... and in an offense that doesn't consistently throw to the TE

I saw a poster say some pretty bad things about Higbee suckings for dropping that pass and that Davis Allen is better

I thought that comment absolutely sucked and Higbee did not deserve that at all

First, I think that hit was BS and im sorry he suffered a torn ACL.

Second, don't think that was my comment in a previous post you are referring to, but I don't disagree with it. I think this has been a pretty much an average year for Higbee- 47 on 70 for 495 yds and 2 TDs. From the eyeball test, he's been a marginal blocker and unreliable receiver. There's a lot of fan love for him here, but aside from being a Team Captain, I don't know what upside Higbee offers other than just being here. He's the 22 rated TE in the league. I can't remember the last time he did something that made him stand out from any other JAG TE in the league.

And yes, Davis Allen is the better looking TE right now as a pass catching TE. He just is. I'd say my trust in his pass catching is far and above that of Higbee. He can work on his blocking, but we got a steal at his pick.

None of this is what I want to see happen, it is happening. You have an old and slow player who's likely not starting at the beginning of next year being (hopefully) replaced by a younger, cheaper and more dynamic player who will be in his second year. That's how it's supposed to happen. Stop fighting it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Higbee tears ACL and MCL per McVay.

CROMWELL21191January 17, 2024 07:13AM

Re: Higbee has been a work horse for our Rams!!!!

oldschoolramfan75January 17, 2024 07:52AM

now doubt!

Speed_Kills65January 17, 2024 08:14AM

Re: now doubt!

Old Goat57January 17, 2024 08:58AM

no it wasn't you

Speed_Kills41January 17, 2024 09:33AM

Re: Higbee has been a work horse for our Rams!!!!

303059January 17, 2024 08:17AM

midseason

LMU9362January 17, 2024 08:41AM