Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High Hopes in my family...

January 12, 2024 08:58PM
Mentioned this before but to set the tone: One of my son-in-laws is a diehard Bronco fan... that way before I ever met him.

Another "WAS" a Raider fan... that way before I met him

My grandkids.... some followed in their Dad's footsteps, some didn't. One grandson, for example, went "Chargers"... diehard... converted his Dad and younger brother... all Charger fans today.

But here's the point... ALL.. no exceptions, love the Rams. Papa started this whole damn thing. MY fanaticism set the start. In no small part it's why they watch football today... and played it!

They are proud of their Broncos, their Chargers... but the very definition of "FAN" is Papa. (that's me by the way). Two years ago when I was a puddle of goo my family rose to the occasion... when I was barely conscious... "You've GOT THIS Papa". And you know what? They were right. My Rams, YOUR Rams, won the SB....

Going in this year my family ALL figured Broncos had a decent chance.... Chargers as well.... the team standing? the one none of us thought most likely.

My family knows what I go through going into a playoff game like we're about to face... and some of you might know that..... but... probably not. it is NOT 'just a game to me'... no matter how PC that is to say today... it's far more than that for me. It's much more than 'a game'. More important things? Of course, lots of them.... but this is HUGE. laughing smiley

Been on this board now for.... holy crap... a long time. I post a lot.... but now, at this time... I don't post a lot. Can't. Too busy anticipating the playoff game. LOVE you guys.... In truth finding fellow RAM fans is the 2nd greatest thing in sports I ever discovered. 1st, however. is the RAMS. It's game face time.... and I'm in it. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

High Hopes in my family...

JamesJM161January 12, 2024 08:58PM

Re: High Hopes in my family...

BeachBoy51January 12, 2024 09:20PM

Thank you BeachBoy...

JamesJM34January 12, 2024 09:32PM

Re: Thank you BeachBoy...

BerendsenRam28January 12, 2024 10:37PM

Hear ya Jimmy.....

Arkansas Ram34January 13, 2024 05:25AM